Question Msi laptop powers on, but there is a black screen.

pk2100

Commendable
Jul 26, 2019
Hi. I recently wanted make my old laptop (2015) to factory settings/clean the whole laptop. I started the process and left it on my table after one hour it was at 17% so i thought, well this is gonna take around 3 more hours, so i decided to just let the adapter in and go to my pc to play some games meanwhile i was waiting. When i come back after some hours, my laptop screen is black, and i turn it on and what i see is a black screen. I can hear the fan running inside, the power button is orange which is normal, but i i don't know what went wrong so i decided to look on google and did a few things.

I held the power button down for 1 min and 30sec+ and did it with, and without battery and with and without adapter with no battery, none of those things worked.

I opened the back of my laptop and unplugged the ram, and plugged it into anohter ram slot that didn't work either.

I unplugged the harddrive, to see if there was any dust, there were nothing, so that didn't help either.

I used an HDMI cable and connected that to my tv, and my second monitor, that didn't work either still a black screen.

Now i am just lost. I don't know what to do, and i really want to fix the laptop so i can sell it.

(Extra information: Before i started to reset my laptop to factory new and clean it completly, the colors on the screen were weird, like windows outer lines on programs are white, but mine were purple, so the graphichs were a bit weird)