Question MSI MAG241C Optix - Want to save fastest as my default response time

Dec 5, 2018
Hello, I just want to keep my settings so that I don't change it every time I turn on my PC. It keeps on getting back to fast not the fastest in response time. Anyone know how to do it?

I already try these method:
• plug and unplug Display Port cable still the same.
• reset the settings still the same.
• turn off Freesync still the same.

Do I really need to change it to fastest every time? Or there's any other way I can keep it as default for response time.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Yup, can confirm it. I have MSI Optix MAG241CR monitor and even creating custom profile with Fastest response time doesn't load the profile when monitor is turned off and then turned back on again.

Here, the issue is with MSI Gaming OSD 2.0 software which fails to load user created profile as a default profile. Instead, it loads the Standard profile with standard settings where Fast response time (User profile) is the fastest.

Letting MSI know about this bug (e.g via customer support) can bring a fix in new Gaming OSD software version.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Worried about wearing out the joystick button.

If you install MSI Gaming OSD 2.0 then you can switch the response time within the software itself, thus prolonging the lifetime of the monitor's joystick button.

As far as response time profile goes, i've comfortably settled on the "Fast" response time since it doesn't dim the brightness as "Fastest" response time does and it doesn't produce visible ghosting as well, as "Normal" response time does.
Very rarely, my monitor switches to "Normal" response time profile on boot up. Though, it only happens when there have been some USB packets issue during boot up. (Have had other USB packet issues on boot up as well since i have a plethora of USB devices in use.) Fixing it is easy, i just select "Fast" response time profile from MSI Gaming OSD 2.0 and i'm good.

Reactions: santyx

santyx

Prominent
Apr 30, 2020
If you install MSI Gaming OSD 2.0 then you can switch the response time within the software itself, thus prolonging the lifetime of the monitor's joystick button.
Thanks for the tip, will surely try it out.
For me Fastest is important for a couple of competitive games that I play. To compensate for brightness loss, I adjust the black levels tuner.