[SOLVED] MSI mobo not detecting any bootable devices?

ozzyoct2

Reputable
Apr 10, 2016
I just upgraded my rig, splurged and got a i7 10700K and a MSI MPG Z490. However I am running into a problem. It’s really weird in a way, so basically the motherboard in the bios menus will display my SSDs and the USB I am trying to use to install windows. But won’t let me boot from any of them when powering on my PC. On my old motherboard my MSI Gaming 5 Z97 there was an option to boot using UEFI + Legacy devices which displayed all my SSDs and USB. However this appears to be exempt from this motherboard. Basically I need help finding the setting that will allow me to boot from my USB. Any help is appreciated.

I took some pictures to help explain.
Photos

Solution
For started, disconnect all the drives EXCEPT the one that will be the boot drive.

Next install the Windows install flash drive that you made using the Microsoft Media Creation Tool
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

When you startup the PC you will see an option to select the boot device. It appears at the same time that you see the option to enter setup is shown. Press that F-key. If more then one version of your flashdrive is shown, select the UEFI version.

Win10 install should proceed normally until you get to the "Where to install Windows to" screen. Click the Drive Options link and delete all the partitions on the SSD. When its empty, select it so it blue and click next. Drive Options...

popatim

Titan
For started, disconnect all the drives EXCEPT the one that will be the boot drive.

Next install the Windows install flash drive that you made using the Microsoft Media Creation Tool

When you startup the PC you will see an option to select the boot device. It appears at the same time that you see the option to enter setup is shown. Press that F-key. If more then one version of your flashdrive is shown, select the UEFI version.

Win10 install should proceed normally until you get to the "Where to install Windows to" screen. Click the Drive Options link and delete all the partitions on the SSD. When its empty, select it so it blue and click next. Drive Options isn't always necessary to do this step, depends on what MS did with this version. LoL

Windows should install normally now.

ozzyoct2

Reputable
Apr 10, 2016

Win10 install should proceed normally until you get to the "Where to install Windows to" screen. Click the Drive Options link and delete all the partitions on the SSD. When its empty, select it so it blue and click next. Drive Options isn't always necessary to do this step, depends on what MS did with this version. LoL

Windows should install normally now.

Hey, so I actually fixed my issue. But thanks for the response, I found out that my motherboard doesn't support legacy boot options so I improvised and got a laptop. Threw the USB onto there and formatted it to be a UEFI USB then downloaded the Windows 10 media creation tool, put int on the USB and then was able to boot off of that and install Windows.

Solution