Question Msi motherboard not detecting flash drive with BIOS

mattcitko1999

Honorable
Jul 20, 2018
So I bought a new ram set, going from corsair vengeance pro 3200 16gb to the corsair vengeance pro sl 3600 16gb. Didn't think much of it, shutdown swapped them into the same slots 2 & 4 go to start it and nothing past turning on. The "ez degug" led stayed on what looked to be cpu and wou;dn't go past that. So I go to update the BIOS, the one I had was a 2021 build, downloaded the newest one, go to m-flash, not detected. Tried other usb ports nothing. Redownloaded and extracted again, same thing. Saw that the newest BIOS is a beta so downloaded second to newest, same thing. Tried extracting and only leaving the BIOS file in the root folder without the .txt file same thing no boot. What else can I try? Does boot order matter if going into m-flash? Should it have shown other drives or is it meant to only show the flash drive that you hook up? I just put in the old ones for now and its running fine.

As for the ram itself, I checked on MSI's compatability list and it does show the old ram model:CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 but when I checked the new ram model: CMH32GX4M2D3600C18 its not found. Probably because to get 3600Mhz it needs to run on xmp for ryzen gen 3.

Specs
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI x570 Gaming Plus
2070 Super
Vengeance pro 16gb 3200
Corsair hx1000i psu

Last edited: