[SOLVED] Msi oc genie 4 + xmp slowed down my pc

Apr 9, 2020
Hello just about 30 minutes ago i remembered that my xmp was disabled and went to bios to enable it i went to bios after enabling xmp i saw a setting called oc genie 4 i read the info given in bios then enabled it as well thinking it would get my pc faster but when i opened the pc it took longer for it to open and even in desktop i felt like my mouse cursor is moving slower then i opened ryzen master and checked the cpu speed but all cores were running at 4.05 ghz so no problems seen there then i opened a game (cod mw2) i was getting 400fps average in that game and when i first started a mission in the game i couldnt even move properly because of the really low fps and fps drops.
Have i done something wrong and can this problem be fixed easily?

System specs:
-amd ryzen 5 2600x cpu
-corsair vengence 8gb 3000mhz ram
-msi b450m-a pro max motherboard
-sapphire rx580 8gb oc gpu
-cooler master 700w psu

Solution
It was set for 2933mhz in xmp profile 2 so i chose that directly and as you said i turned off the oc genie 4 which helped wlth the low fps but not the annoying drops and doing that caused another proplem which is cpu overheating i guess it is due to using too much voltage it is supposed to be capped to 1.3v as it says in ryzen master but it is actually around 1.45v then after seeing that i tried to change the current cpu profile given in the ryzen master into game profile auto normally it would restart the pc forcefully but it didnt and when i press test on ryzen master to make a quick stress test the temperature went up to 82°c which looked quite high to me what might be causing this?
Sometimes, simply resetting CMOS is needed...
Hello just about 30 minutes ago i remembered that my xmp was disabled and went to bios to enable it i went to bios after enabling xmp i saw a setting called oc genie 4 i read the info given in bios then enabled it as well thinking it would get my pc faster but when i opened the pc it took longer for it to open and even in desktop i felt like my mouse cursor is moving slower then i opened ryzen master and checked the cpu speed but all cores were running at 4.05 ghz so no problems seen there then i opened a game (cod mw2) i was getting 400fps average in that game and when i first started a mission in the game i couldnt even move properly because of the really low fps and fps drops.
Have i done something wrong and can this problem be fixed easily?

System specs:
-amd ryzen 5 2600x cpu
-corsair vengence 8gb 3000mhz ram
-msi b450m-a pro max motherboard
-sapphire rx580 8gb oc gpu
-cooler master 700w psu
Turn off the OC Genie 4 setting first. If that didn't fix it turn off XMP.

Ryzen 2000 is really only rated to 2933 so trying to get 3000 may be pushing it without tweaking timings or DRAM voltage.

Apr 9, 2020
Turn off the OC Genie 4 setting first. If that didn't fix it turn off XMP.

Ryzen 2000 is really only rated to 2933 so trying to get 3000 may be pushing it without tweaking timings or DRAM voltage.
It was set for 2933mhz in xmp profile 2 so i chose that directly and as you said i turned off the oc genie 4 which helped wlth the low fps but not the annoying drops and doing that caused another proplem which is cpu overheating i guess it is due to using too much voltage it is supposed to be capped to 1.3v as it says in ryzen master but it is actually around 1.45v then after seeing that i tried to change the current cpu profile given in the ryzen master into game profile auto normally it would restart the pc forcefully but it didnt and when i press test on ryzen master to make a quick stress test the temperature went up to 82°c which looked quite high to me what might be causing this?

Last edited:
Sometimes, simply resetting CMOS is needed. This especially after making changes upon changes where you may have made some that are illogical and self-defeating or lost track of some unwittingly.

Save the profile if you think it's worth it, then reset CMOS to see what it does. If it's no better, or worse, then just restore the profile and nothing's lost.

Solution