[SOLVED] msi rx 580 gaming x plus 8g repair

DarkyStori

Reputable
Aug 7, 2017
Hello everyone,
i recently bought a rx 580 that doesn't work anymore, i actually readed a little about repairing a broken gpu and i wonder if anyone could help me with this ? my gpu is a msi rx 580 gaming x plus 8g. when i turn on the gpu, the leds will go on, but the fans doesn't spin, i noticed that theres a single click sound coming from the gpu when i power on the psu, its not from the psu for sure.. psu would not be the problem, ive tried different psu's, i also took the card apart and touched the chip itself when powering it on and it doesnt get hot, vrms doesn't get hot aswell, so im assuming their not getting any power. I'd be really thankful if anyone could help me with this. Let me know something!

Solution
Aside from replacing the cooler or fans, there really isn't anything "repairable" on modern graphics cards. You'd need highly specialized equipment and computer assistance for the majority of component replacement tasks on a modern PCB and even then you have no guarantee that anything you replace would fix the problem. Manufacturers don't even bother fixing them. They go into a scrap bin and a replacement card is sent out. They don't "fix" your card if you send it in due to a failure or problem and if they don't do it, the chances that you could fix anything other than a cooling issue are pretty slim. Nonexistent really.
Aside from replacing the cooler or fans, there really isn't anything "repairable" on modern graphics cards. You'd need highly specialized equipment and computer assistance for the majority of component replacement tasks on a modern PCB and even then you have no guarantee that anything you replace would fix the problem. Manufacturers don't even bother fixing them. They go into a scrap bin and a replacement card is sent out. They don't "fix" your card if you send it in due to a failure or problem and if they don't do it, the chances that you could fix anything other than a cooling issue are pretty slim. Nonexistent really.

Solution