Msi z370 CPU ez debug light on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2018
I just recently got an msi z370 gaming pro motherboard and an I7 8700k with it.

I plugged everything in, double checked the manual to make sure I didn't miss anything, and everything looked good. I connected my monitor through my gpu via HDMI and switched to dvi d as well, but both times I booted the system, no power was supplied to my peripherals, no matter which usb slot they were plugged into. My monitor wouldn't turn on either. All of my case fans and CPU fan would run.

The EZ debug light indicating a cpu issue would turn on every time. I double checked the socket pins and the CPU itself to see if there was any damage and they looked completely flawless.

I have triple checked everything and I can't see a reason for this issue other than a faulty Mobo or CPU.

On a side note, I have not been able to connect my monitor to my motherboard directly as there are no HDMI ports and for some reason both the vga and dvi D(which I know are the same as the cables I have) won't fit into the slots. They just won't slide in or anything and it makes no sense. I don't know how much that matters due to the cpu debug light but I thought I'd let you know.

I'm at a complete loss. Nothing looks damaged, my previous setup worked completely fine, and I don't know what else to do. I want to know if there is something I'm missing or if anyone has had a similar issue before I deal with rma'ing the CPU and mono.

These are my specs.

I7 8700k
Msi z370 gaming pro
2x8 gigs ddr4 2400 Patriot viper ram
1 tb hard drive
Evga GTX 1060
Evga 600w psu
Hyper 212 evo
(All standoffs match perfectly with the motherboard screw holes)

Mar 14, 2018

Mar 14, 2018

Mar 14, 2018

Mar 14, 2018
My cable is dvi d Ive already checked they match perfectly I just don't know why it takes so much Force to go in. But even if I got it to slide in nicely it still doesn't change the fact that my rgb keyboard and mouse won't light up and the CPU debug light comes on.

Does the CPU debug light turn on and then go out, or does it stay on?

Mar 14, 2018

That definitely tells you the problem is with the CPU. If it's installed properly, there are no bent pins and the CPU power cable from the PSU is not faulty, there is nothing else. Since CPU's have no moving parts it's very uncommon for them to stop working. That is why i would like to know if the internal graphics are working or not.

Mar 14, 2018

Mar 14, 2018
I will have to go buy a display port cable so I can really make sure it's connected because I don't think the cables I have are going to connect. I think you're probably right I might have to rma it. The motherboard looks completely fine.

You could also just buy an adapter for your monitor cable. Just in case, you should also look in the 8-pin CPU power socket to make sure there is no dirt preventing a proper connection.

Mar 14, 2018

Mar 14, 2018
The CPU power connectors are clear. I put my old setup back together and it works fine. I'm going to test the CPU in my friends computer on Saturday to see if it's functional or not. Im hoping they're both not faulty O.O

Mar 14, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.