multi-player games - soloing?

DII, v1.10, Battle.net, US East, Expansion, Ladder, non-HC.

I'm trying to find players that want to solo in a multi-players game. I
don't want to party, but I want other players in it as to boost up the
exp and such. I don't mind partying to help someone out of a jam, but I
don't want to party on a regular basis, because frankly it's just too
hard to get used to other peoples habbits (going to town too often,
picking up ever little piece of junk they find, etc)

So I make open games, but all I get so far are people who are trying to
PK, which I have no interest in doing. I did it once and blew away this
ware wolf dude, and got his ear (cool!). But I felt bad for him so I
gave him a tarnhlem. I don't want to PK anymore.

Are there any players who are looking to solo in multi-player games? I'm
only lvl 42 NM, but I'll be Hell soon enough.

I don't want to have to install diabloII 8 times on one or more PC's in
order to do this either. And I don't want to play single player, as I
like the occasional online chat, and being online is just, well, cool.

Is it even possible to beat the game in Hell with players=8? That's what
I want to do. I've got a necro skeleton/revive/Amp Dam/CE char who is
pretty well built to handle hell. Anyone beat hell with 8 players with
that type of build before? If not, then what kind of build do you think
can beat hell with p=8?

Thanks in advance.

I would play multi player solo.... *TheShadow7478 is my main acct.
tho I am only in hell right now.
I have a bowzon and a summonmancer who I want to turn into an auramancer....
my summonmancer can walk thru hell cows but that is only 1 player. I
would like to try it with more in the game, but doing the cows myself.
I want more beef! :)

Alex Lazarevich wrote:
> DII, v1.10, Battle.net, US East, Expansion, Ladder, non-HC.
>
> I'm trying to find players that want to solo in a multi-players game. I
> don't want to party, but I want other players in it as to boost up the
> exp and such. I don't mind partying to help someone out of a jam, but I
> don't want to party on a regular basis, because frankly it's just too
> hard to get used to other peoples habbits (going to town too often,
> picking up ever little piece of junk they find, etc)
>
> So I make open games, but all I get so far are people who are trying to
> PK, which I have no interest in doing. I did it once and blew away this
> ware wolf dude, and got his ear (cool!). But I felt bad for him so I
> gave him a tarnhlem. I don't want to PK anymore.
>
> Are there any players who are looking to solo in multi-player games? I'm
> only lvl 42 NM, but I'll be Hell soon enough.
>
> I don't want to have to install diabloII 8 times on one or more PC's in
> order to do this either. And I don't want to play single player, as I
> like the occasional online chat, and being online is just, well, cool.
>
> Is it even possible to beat the game in Hell with players=8? That's what
> I want to do. I've got a necro skeleton/revive/Amp Dam/CE char who is
> pretty well built to handle hell. Anyone beat hell with 8 players with
> that type of build before? If not, then what kind of build do you think
> can beat hell with p=8?
>
> Thanks in advance.

alex

cool. i'll get to hell asap and look for ya. my char name is pow-wow.

how do you avoid killing the cow king? because if you kill him you can't
get back to the cow level, right? does the king usually hang out
somewhere in particular? i'd love to do cow runs, but my skeletons just
mow through everything in their path, including the cow king, and then i
can't get back to the cows. boo hooo, i want more mooo...

alex

The Shadow wrote:

> I would play multi player solo.... *TheShadow7478 is my main acct.
> tho I am only in hell right now.
> I have a bowzon and a summonmancer who I want to turn into an
> auramancer....
> my summonmancer can walk thru hell cows but that is only 1 player. I
> would like to try it with more in the game, but doing the cows myself. I
> want more beef! :)
>
> Alex Lazarevich wrote:
>
>> DII, v1.10, Battle.net, US East, Expansion, Ladder, non-HC.
>>
>> I'm trying to find players that want to solo in a multi-players game.
>> I don't want to party, but I want other players in it as to boost up
>> the exp and such. I don't mind partying to help someone out of a jam,
>> but I don't want to party on a regular basis, because frankly it's
>> just too hard to get used to other peoples habbits (going to town too
>> often, picking up ever little piece of junk they find, etc)
>>
>> So I make open games, but all I get so far are people who are trying
>> to PK, which I have no interest in doing. I did it once and blew away
>> this ware wolf dude, and got his ear (cool!). But I felt bad for him
>> so I gave him a tarnhlem. I don't want to PK anymore.
>>
>> Are there any players who are looking to solo in multi-player games?
>> I'm only lvl 42 NM, but I'll be Hell soon enough.
>>
>> I don't want to have to install diabloII 8 times on one or more PC's
>> in order to do this either. And I don't want to play single player, as
>> I like the occasional online chat, and being online is just, well, cool.
>>
>> Is it even possible to beat the game in Hell with players=8? That's
>> what I want to do. I've got a necro skeleton/revive/Amp Dam/CE char
>> who is pretty well built to handle hell. Anyone beat hell with 8
>> players with that type of build before? If not, then what kind of
>> build do you think can beat hell with p=8?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

sliver

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005

"Alex" <alazarev@itg.uiuc.edu> wrote in message
> cool. i'll get to hell asap and look for ya. my char name is pow-wow.
>
> how do you avoid killing the cow king? because if you kill him you can't
> get back to the cow level, right? does the king usually hang out somewhere
> in particular? i'd love to do cow runs, but my skeletons just mow through
> everything in their path, including the cow king, and then i can't get
> back to the cows. boo hooo, i want more mooo...
<snip>
I make the cows with a different character wait 5 minutes and once the game
is permed then I go get my cowkiller. That way I can always make cows with
at least one char in all difficulties and still get the pleasure of mowing
their mooing butts down 8D. The second way is a little harder and slightly
more chancey but possible. The King is always in the middle of the pen the
big wooden log one not the little farmer brown fence one. As soon as you see
it showing on your map head in the other direction. OR If you are concerned
about it and can take the cows on easily by yourself (no summons) then run
like mad cover as much area as you can find the king get him to chase you
into a corner and throw up a tp and go back into the cow level via the red
portal and just avoid the area where you left the king. I prefer method A
cause I get to take out the king with no worries.

Oh and if you can't find nonparty mp games try looking on the game list pick
games like muleperming or cow games cause they fill up real fast and while
they are cowing you can quest. Hell you can make the cows yourself let
others kill em while you go off questing. Just don't party up. 8D

--
In a World Full of Insanity
Here I Stand.