Question multi resolution setup

LethalPenguin88

Honorable
May 9, 2013
hi

i have just built my system with a 2070 and at first i will still be using my 1080p monitor but ideally i would like to game in 1440p so i was going to buy a new monitor and then run a multi monitor setup, is this possible with one gpu?

system details are:
i7-8700k
evga 2070 FTW3
asus prime z390-A
16gb DDR4 3200

Mar 20, 2019
The gpu should have multiple outputs for the connections needed to connect more than 2 monitors. You should be fine, all you would need to do is just connect the other monitor just like the current 1080p monitor you have now. You might want to also choose what monitor is the main display, that can be done through display settings by selecting which one you have as the main as well as choosing where your secondary monitor is located (to the right of the left or even on top of the main monitor).

Mar 20, 2019
ah ok, excellent, does it matter that ive only got one HDMI output on the card?

It should have display ports and type c ports also for connection. I recommend using the display ports since they have better support for higher resolutions with high refresh rate and if i'm not mistaken they should also support better colors if your display can produce them.

LethalPenguin88

Honorable
May 9, 2013
It should have display ports and type c ports also for connection. I recommend using the display ports since they have better support for higher resolutions with high refresh rate and if i'm not mistaken they should also support better colors if your display can produce them.

yeah there are 3 display ports, so i will use those for my main gaming monitor and hdmi for my secondary monitor that ill use whilst gaming, thanks for the help!

TRENDING THREADS