Mobo: MSI B450 Gaming Plus
5 HDDs
2 SSDs
DVD Drive
GPU: GTX 1070 8GB
Asmedia 4 port raid card
RAM: 16GB
PSU: 500 Watt

I have 4 HDDs and 2 SSDs plugged directly into the boards 6 SATA ports. Then in the raid card I have a DVD drive and another HDD. Whenever I have more than 6 things plugged into my SATA ports, be it on the raid card or motherboard, the computer refuses to post, and if it does, the computer often stutters as if it is about to blue screen or 2 of the drives try to spin up but can't. However, they spin up fine in an external dock. Could this be related to the CPU, Motherboard or PSU? I'm lost as the stuttering is causing data loss. Any ideas how I could attach all of my 8 SATA devices to the board without any problems?

To summarise:

2 devices attached to the raid card, 6 devices attached to the motherboard, the computer refuses to boot or stutters unless atleast two SATA devices are removed.

Solution
System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600
5 HDDs
2 SSDs
DVD Drive
Asmedia 4 port raid card

I have 4 HDDs and 2 SSDs plugged directly into the boards 6 SATA ports. Then in the raid card I have a DVD drive and another HDD. Whenever I have more than 6 things plugged into my SATA ports, be it on the raid card or motherboard, the computer refuses to post, and if it does, the computer often stutters as if it is about to blue screen or 2 of the drives try to spin up but can't. However, they spin up fine in an external dock. Could this be related to the CPU, Motherboard or PSU? I'm lost as the stuttering is causing data loss. Any ideas how I could attach all of my 8 SATA devices...

kanewolf

Titan
System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600
5 HDDs
2 SSDs
DVD Drive
Asmedia 4 port raid card

I have 4 HDDs and 2 SSDs plugged directly into the boards 6 SATA ports. Then in the raid card I have a DVD drive and another HDD. Whenever I have more than 6 things plugged into my SATA ports, be it on the raid card or motherboard, the computer refuses to post, and if it does, the computer often stutters as if it is about to blue screen or 2 of the drives try to spin up but can't. However, they spin up fine in an external dock. Could this be related to the CPU, Motherboard or PSU? I'm lost as the stuttering is causing data loss. Any ideas how I could attach all of my 8 SATA devices to the board without any problems?

To summarise:

2 devices attached to the raid card, 6 devices attached to the motherboard, the computer refuses to boot or stutters unless atleast two SATA devices are removed.
Cheap power supply? Max current draw from an HDD is at power on. Maybe the drives are too taxing on the power supply.

Solution
Feb 14, 2020
What slot is the RAID card installed in?
Could you try moving it another slot?
If it's installed in a PCI-Ex1 slot, try moving it to the PCI-Ex16 (x4) slot a.k.a PCI_E4

-Wolf sends
I'll try this and then see about getting a new PSU if nothing changes.
Thank you for the help and the speedy reply.

Feb 14, 2020
No, you see this happens on the main board aswell. The raid card works fine and so do the SATAs on the board, but when i plug in any more than 6 devices, be it one more on the raid card, or one more on the board, the computer doesn't boot.