Question Mum needs a Mobo replacement for Asus M5A78L-M/USB3

max_head

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Hi, My mums PC is shutting down and the mobo is just out of warranty. An exact replacement for her Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 is coming in at a ridiculous £219, (I bought it in Jan 2016 for £49) so im wondering what the best like for like replacement would be? Amazon suggests a few but I'm not certain there won't be any compatibility issues. As my Mum is in N Ireland and im in England I cant install it for her, and will need to get my non techie bro to do it, so really need it to be a straight forward swap so he can do it by just copying the current set up.

Any suggestions for a similar straight forward replacement at the same price bracket please?

PS Love the new site btw!! :D

max_head

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
amazon sales for 200 .. not sure why!

Thanks for the pointer to the egg sales.. will do the job alrighty!

good point about the psu though ofc.. being a little hasty maybe but hard to test from a distance. Any simple ways to test a PSU from a distance that dont involve unhooking it and putting a different one in?

max_head

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Found out the EGG board is import from US .. ETA 2-3 weeks which is too long.

Found this board and just wanted a second opinion that this will be compatible.. its an AM3 slot chip which is backward compatible with AM3+ afaik??