Question My 2600x is only showing 1 core

Lzcas

Reputable
Jan 10, 2020
So my ryzen 2600x i got in march 2020 has randomly one day changed to 1 core working it shows 1 core in task manger i tried msconfig advance settings number of processes and before it showed up to 12 but it was on 6 and now 1 or 2 and in task manger it says one cores overclocked to like 4.1???? Why not all 6 working it was brought brand new too ive never had issues before
Pc
2600x 16gb corsair vengence pro rgb
1660 s
480gb ssd
1tb hdd
A320m hdv a3.0 normal fans all please help fast

There will be no overclocking on A320 boards anyway...

MSConfig will by default show number of processors 1, but, it will be greyed out unless you open to manipulate it upward.; if you were tinkering with it in the past, that's possibly where things went wrong...(certainly, task manager should reflect one socket, six cores, and 12 logical processors; if this somehow got botched, you can try deleting processor entries within device mngr/processors where 12 entries should show, one for each thread...; hit reset, perhaps they will be redetected...

Lzcas

Reputable
Jan 10, 2020
Well i saw something like that and went there it showed all logical processors there and i didnt do anything i tried just restarting my pc and then had windows recovery.. im so confused at this point it said for some sort of windows file 32 i had this a long time ago and fixed it by unplugging my hdd and rebooting and then putting it back in after but that did not work any help is really appreciated