Question My 3 front fans, stopped working.

Onemanual

Prominent
Dec 29, 2021
I have a CMP505 Cooler master that has 3 fans on the front. They do weird noises from time to time. I live near a highway so sometimes, when a truck goes by my whole shakes a little, so the pc sometimes shake as well. Today they made another wird noise, but then started to make some hard noise, never heard. So i turned off my computer, then turnet it on again but the noise continued so i just turned it off again.

You can open the front of the case to see the fans, i opened and noticed 2 things, there is a lot dust bunnies and stuff there and the first and last fans are wiggly, so i put the front of the case again, turned on the computer and the 3 front fans didnt spin again.

Then i turned it off again, took the front case off, tried to clean the fans, and repeat that more times. Sometimes the on button stop working. Its on the front of the case as well.

I thought that maybe the fans disconnected, but when i put my finger on the center of the first and third fan, and push, they start spining normally. The second one doesnt work. Revised the bios and nothing out of the ordinary is going on there.... what could it be?

Onemanual

Prominent
Dec 29, 2021
Trace the wire coming from the fan and see where it goes.

Likely just need to replace them. The case fans shipped with most cases are not great. They do wear out.
Damn, what i understand is why the 3 failed at the same time, if one fan fails, all three fail?
What happens if i left the pc without front dissipators? how can i check if the temperature is too much, how much is too much.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Damn, what i understand is why the 3 failed at the same time, if one fan fails, all three fail?
What happens if i left the pc without front dissipators? how can i check if the temperature is too much, how much is too much.
That is why I asked what the fans are connected to. If a fan controller, it could be the issue and not the fans.

Modern PCs will throttle down if they get too hot, or even shut down. Not a huge thing to worry about now that you know you have an issue.

Onemanual

Prominent
Dec 29, 2021
That is why I asked what the fans are connected to. If a fan controller, it could be the issue and not the fans.

Modern PCs will throttle down if they get too hot, or even shut down. Not a huge thing to worry about now that you know you have an issue.

They all go to the motherboard.

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Oks_KXKXxds

I made a video, it looks like a mechanical fail, if i press the bearing they work... do you think i could change the fans without buying a new case? :S

I didnt touch them at all
then you either bought this used or custom-built and whoever put it together used damaged goods.

i've seen some of the cheapest fans available on any market and never seen one that just breaks free of it's housing on it's own.

it may be possible that these could just be manufactured out of some of the lowest quality plastic ever, but i've never seen anything like it over a couple decades+.