javadgorgani

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Hi. I bought a couple 8 GB(16GB) Teamgroup TForce Nighthawk 3200 mhz Ram (Timing: 16,18,18,38) 1.35V . My old Ram was Kingstone HyperX Fury 8 GB 2400 mhz 1.20V. When I replaced my new 16GB 3200 mhz ram with the old one ,I enabled Profile#1 D.O.C.P in Bios on Asus B450m-a (Ryzen 5 2600 CPU) and my new ram worked on 3200 and everything was OK apparently, But I decided to test my 3 Ram together , I did it and all were working On 2400 Cuz my kingstone was 2400. The problem is here that when I removed my Kingston 2400 Ram, my 2 Teamgroup 3200 still work on 2400 and when I enable Profile#1 (3200mhz 16.18.18.38 1.35V) on D.O.C.P and reboot, system reboots several times and Windows doesn't load and I should disable D.O.C.P again to load Windows! I cleared CMOS by removing battery but the problem still exist!My bios version is updated to the latest version. Whats the problem?
sorry for my English!
Thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
What slots are the ram seated in? 2nd & 4th slot from cpu?

Are you completely sure you have both Tforce sticks in and not accidentally mixed 😁?

Try one stick in 2nd slot and see what happens. If it runs 3200, add the 2nd stick in 4th slot.

javadgorgani

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Try clear cmos again but this time try with ram removed and short the clr cmos pins. After that once ram is installed again, boot to bios for it to load defaults.
I did what you said exactly but the problem still exists!
I did short the clr cmos pins by a screwdriver and also removed battery after that when my 2 rams were removed!
If my CPU wasn't capable of 3200 mhz, it wouldn't be okay the first time. But the point is that it worked once
but now it doesn't work! and still works on 2400

javadgorgani

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019

Are you completely sure you have both Tforce sticks in and not accidentally mixed 😁?

Try one stick in 2nd slot and see what happens. If it runs 3200, add the 2nd stick in 4th slot.
maybe this could solve the problem, since the slots were second and fourth from the processor for the first time, and worked on 3200. But after that, the slots have been the first and third .
(Of course I'm sure didn't mixed Because both the weight and the shape of the RAMs differ :D)

Thanks for the suggestion & response. I try and inform.

Reactions: boju

javadgorgani

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019

Yes! Thank you! it worked .I enabled D.O.C.P without any problem!
If I want to use the first and third slots for additional RAMs later, wouldn't it be okay?

I apologize, but I have another question. I have a HDMI port on the motherboard's output but I don't have a screen when I plug in my monitor cable. I need to connect the cable to the HDMI port of the graphics card to have a screen. How can I use the motherboard for monitor! My graphics card is RTX 2060 and I want to use it only for graphics processing.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yes! Thank you! it worked .I enabled D.O.C.P without any problem!
If I want to use the first and third slots for additional RAMs later, wouldn't it be okay?

Glad it worked.

I apologize, but I have another question. I have a HDMI port on the motherboard's output but I don't have a screen when I plug in my monitor cable. I need to connect the cable to the HDMI port of the graphics card to have a screen. How can I use the motherboard for monitor! My graphics card is RTX 2060 and I want to use it only for graphics processing.

I was wondering why the 1st and 3rd slot didn't work at 3200. I know the 2nd and 4th are primary slots but the other slots im not sure why they didn't. I hope you get your answers regarding that. Perhaps 2nd and 4th slot need populating first.

Regarding mobo video, DMAN explained it.

javadgorgani

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
I was wondering why the 1st and 3rd slot didn't work at 3200. I know the 2nd and 4th are primary slots but the other slots im not sure why they didn't. I hope you get your answers regarding that. Perhaps 2nd and 4th slot need populating first.

Regarding mobo video, DMAN explained it.
Thank you so much for solving my problem.

Reactions: boju

javadgorgani

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
You're welcome 👍
Hey man. Hope you be safe.Do you remember last year helped me in this topic?
Well, today I bought another 3200 ram kit(2*8GB), exact the same Teamgroup T-force 3200 mhz , and installed them in other 2 slots(1st& 3rd) My mainboard just has 4 slots! now I have four 8GB ram 3200mhz installed but all of them work on 2400! Do you have any idea that what should I do now, because this time I had to install these 2 in slots 1st & 3rd!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Intel can manage higher memory frequencies over more populated dimms but wouldn't change system based on ram. If want more ram, exchange the kit you bought for 2x 16GB and settle for that. Sell your original sticks if it helps fund them.

Intel isn't as fussed with ram speed. Sure 3200 will help but for Ryzen under heavy tasks, ram speed matters more.