simoelq

Commendable
Mar 22, 2021
I bought an acer nitro 5 (Ryzen 5 4600H, gtx 1650) five months ago, it was perfect, and when I use power saver mode the battery shows 8 hours remaining, and it last about 6 to 7 hours browsing the web, I really like it, and it remains this performance 5 months, and I care so much about it, when I'm using Photoshop I plugin it to the AC adapter, I don't play games that much, I play once a week PES 2021 only about 1 hour. and every week I use the battery until its 30%.

But suddenly today I checked the battery I found it shows only 2 hours remaining at 100% and at 95% shows 1 hour and 30min, note that I'm putting it in power saver mode in nitro sense software, and the brightness is 0% and all softwares are closed. it's really disappointing.
Is this a common problem easy to fix? or this is how acer laptops are, die after fiew months, please let me know if there is any solution.

Solution
Check your battery health.

Excerpt from link
To check your battery health, you just have to use one simple command from the Windows Powershell terminal.

• Click the Start menu on your laptop.
  • Search for PowerShell and then click on the PowerShell option that appears.
  • Once it appears, type the following command: powercfg /batteryreport.
  • Press Enter, which will generate a report that includes information on your battery health.
  • Search for the folder in your user accounts directory with the name: C:\Users[YourUsername] to access the report.
  • Note: Rather than searching for Powershell, you can opt to type “cmd” while pressing the Start button...

Excerpt from link
To check your battery health, you just have to use one simple command from the Windows Powershell terminal.

• Click the Start menu on your laptop.
  • Search for PowerShell and then click on the PowerShell option that appears.
  • Once it appears, type the following command: powercfg /batteryreport.
  • Press Enter, which will generate a report that includes information on your battery health.
  • Search for the folder in your user accounts directory with the name: C:\Users[YourUsername] to access the report.
  • Note: Rather than searching for Powershell, you can opt to type “cmd” while pressing the Start button.
  • Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to run it in administrator mode.
  • While in admin mode, type powercfg /batteryreport.
  • Hit Enter.
  • Go to Users\Your Username folder and look for the battery-report.html file to access the report.

You want to compare Design Capacity with Full Charge Capacity. If Full Charge Capacity is less than 80% of Design Capacity. You should contact Acer for a repair. I say 80% as generally that's the drawing line where a manufacturer will consider the battery in need of replacement. They may have different standards. Still unless you were improperly caring for the battery it should not have fallen that much in such a short time.

If the Full Charge Capacity is still good. Then look at background tasks in task manager. You may have something going out of control. Burning through your battery.

Solution
I bought an acer nitro 5 (Ryzen 5 4600H, gtx 1650) five months ago, it was perfect, and when I use power saver mode the battery shows 8 hours remaining, and it last about 6 to 7 hours browsing the web, I really like it, and it remains this performance 5 months, and I care so much about it, when I'm using Photoshop I plugin it to the AC adapter, I don't play games that much, I play once a week PES 2021 only about 1 hour. and every week I use the battery until its 30%.

But suddenly today I checked the battery I found it shows only 2 hours remaining at 100% and at 95% shows 1 hour and 30min, note that I'm putting it in power saver mode in nitro sense software, and the brightness is 0% and all softwares are closed. it's really disappointing.
Is this a common problem easy to fix? or this is how acer laptops are, die after fiew months, please let me know if there is any solution.

Is that how long it's actually lasting or just what it shows on the meter? If the system is only several months old, it's in warranty even for the battery, contact Acer support.

simoelq

Commendable
Mar 22, 2021
Is that how long it's actually lasting or just what it shows on the meter? If the system is only several months old, it's in warranty even for the battery, contact Acer support.
It lasts less than that, or the same, I've calibrated the battery from the Acer care center software, but it didn't help.
Acer doesn't support the warranty in my country.

simoelq

Commendable
Mar 22, 2021

Excerpt from link

You want to compare Design Capacity with Full Charge Capacity. If Full Charge Capacity is less than 80% of Design Capacity. You should contact Acer for a repair. I say 80% as generally that's the drawing line where a manufacturer will consider the battery in need of replacement. They may have different standards. Still unless you were improperly caring for the battery it should not have fallen that much in such a short time.

If the Full Charge Capacity is still good. Then look at background tasks in task manager. You may have something going out of control. Burning through your battery.
Thank you for the answer, I did exactly what you said and I found:
Full charge capacity is 54,470mWh
Design capacity is 57,488mWh
it is ~ 94%

Acer doesn't cover the warranty in my country.
and I closed all the tasks in the background, I just don't know why this is happening.
does firmware update can be related to this ? because recently windows sent me updates and I did it.

Thank you for the answer, I did exactly what you said and I found:
Full charge capacity is 54,470mWh
Design capacity is 57,488mWh
it is ~ 94%

Acer doesn't cover the warranty in my country.
and I closed all the tasks in the background, I just don't know why this is happening.
does firmware update can be related to this ? because recently windows sent me updates and I did it.

I suppose it's possible. Although it's more likely something running wild in the background. Perhaps some website you visit has high CPU usage.

Try running a scan with Malwarebytes.

If all else fails. You can try a clean install of Windows. Which may be faster than trying to isolate the issue.

simoelq

Commendable
Mar 22, 2021
I suppose it's possible. Although it's more likely something running wild in the background. Perhaps some website you visit has high CPU usage.

Try running a scan with Malwarebytes.

If all else fails. You can try a clean install of Windows. Which may be faster than trying to isolate the issue.
hello, thanks for the reply,
the day the problem started, is the day when an update happened in windows updates called (Insyde software firmware 5.41.1.3), I think that caused the problem, is there any solution ?