My Board Wont POST ( Help )

crispykiller96

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
Ok so i installed my motherboard into a new case and put new thermal compound down ( Artic silver ) and booted up no display at all no beeps no post nothing just no signal/ video on my moniter so i removed my graphics card GTX 460 seated it again and tried again same problem checked my molex wiring it was ok all fans are running hdd powers up case fans everythings good just no display so i foolishly had the video card in without the screw but seemed seated ok then boom i heard a few crackles then black smoke started coming out i pulled the plug out and inspected damage no burn marks no fried capaciters no obvious damage to the motherboard so the next day i removed everyting but bare essentials to test my system same problem i thought maybe the power supply is dead i changed PSUs same problem i get no error beeps at all and i tried the board without ram and it didnt even beep at all also i removed the cpu ( i have a Asrock AM3 board ) no damage to cpu or pins put it back in same problem wont post i did notice i had a bit too much artic silver on though

can someone please help me what do i need to replace the cpu or motherboard ( or both :-(

Thanks
Joe

crispykiller96

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
Update i swopped the graphics card to my Older Nvidia 9500GT still no Display removed Cmos battery too nothing :-( i can get the same motherboard again for £40 on Ebay New not bad just dont wont to get it and say my cpu is bust and fries that board too if its the problem im confused :-(

friggit

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Kind of hard to read what you are saying. But yeah, It's probably the motherboard. If it cracked and smoked then it's most likely dead. Don't connect your components to it unless you want them to die.

crispykiller96

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009

Oh god :eek: :eek: i have 10gb off DDR3 ram on there with my blackmagic intensity pro does that mean its broken them too :fou: