My build has stuttering and freezing in games.

LudicrousGaming

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
Build:
CPU: i7 4790 (non k)
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC
RAM: DDR3 16gb
Motherboard: gigabyte hd3 series
PSU: corsair cx750m

Stuttering happens in most games except from less demanding games like csgo but whats weird is it does not happen for the witcher 3 but rather mostly happens on games like Arma 3, VR games, especially onward. When playing it seems like when loading areas or just turning around it sometimes takes me out of the game back to the vr hub then puts me back after 2 seconds in a laggy state before it goes back to a smooth 70fps. My PSU tends to make coil whine noises when high fps so it might be that but also when installing steam games my HDD tends to drop to 0bytes when downloading and stays there for about 10 seconds before it shoots back up. Last thing to mention is that my card is not in the greatest shape either as the overclocking that evga provided me tends to crash my computer to no signal when in super intensive moments and clocking down by 100 in evga precision is the only fix.

Hope this is enough information to at least have some idea what is going on.
Thanks in advance

LudicrousGaming

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016

Trying this now will report back with results.

LudicrousGaming

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016

Ok i tried this and then booted up onward again to see if it got any better, to be honest it is better, not sure if that is coincidental or what but its not freezing where to the point i get to stand still and wait for it but there is still noticeable slowdown and stutter and at points it stuttered then my vive controllers showed as it took my out and back into the game. maybe its just the game being not well optimised i dont know, anything else i could try before calling it at that?