Nov 18, 2022
Okay, so I was kinda messing around on my pc ( rather dumb idea but whatever) which is prebuilt and I accidentally turned the chassis intrusion thing on and now I can’t access my computer due to American Megatrends saying my case is open?? I’m not a very technical person ( which i why i bought a prebuilt) and I am terrified of touching the insides of my pc because I’m super scared of destroying it. Is there any way I can somehow fix it without having to open my case? It’s okay if I have to… but I wanna try asking here before diving right in…

Okay, so I was kinda messing around on my pc ( rather dumb idea but whatever) which is prebuilt and I accidentally turned the chassis intrusion thing on and now I can’t access my computer due to American Megatrends saying my case is open?? I’m not a very technical person ( which i why i bought a prebuilt) and I am terrified of touching the insides of my pc because I’m super scared of destroying it. Is there any way I can somehow fix it without having to open my case? It’s okay if I have to… but I wanna try asking here before diving right in…
Case Intrusion Detection is protecting you!

You'll have to do one of two things: put a jumper on the case intrusion (CI) detection pins on the motherboard or turn the setting off. Turning off the setting is preferred since you don't want to go into the case but the CI event may need to be cleared first.

Who made your prebuilt? Do they have on-line tech support? Get in contact with someone at their tech support and ask them how to clear a case intrusion event.

Of course, there's a third thing you could do: attach a jumper from the CI pins to a switch on the case cover that's designed to trigger a case intrusion event when the cover is removed. It's not really necessary unless in a commercial secure setting so not a common feature on cases home builders typically buy but you have a prebuilt so it may have one but isn't attached.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS