[SOLVED] my computer screens are going black and the fans start spinning very fast, what can be the cause to this?

Nov 4, 2019
about a month ago I upgraded my GPU to a GTX 1660 ti and added more RAM. everything was fine until a 2 days ago when my screens would shut off but my systems fans would start spinning very loudly. at first, it was when i was playing a game but now it does it randomly while playing the temp goes up to 70C, and when I'm using it for regular stuff the min temp is 34C
i already changed the thermal paste on my GPU but that did not solve the problem

my system parts are:
Intel i5 8400
b360m bazooka
24g of ram ddr4
GTX 1660 ti 6GB

Solution
Troubleshooting by taking a step back; reverting the most recent changes made before things started going south.
If leaving your old ram in still reproduces the issue, I would then ask you to try your old gpu(if you still have it).

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Troubleshooting by taking a step back; reverting the most recent changes made before things started going south.
If leaving your old ram in still reproduces the issue, I would then ask you to try your old gpu(if you still have it).

Solution
Nov 4, 2019
I think it worked, thank you !!

TRENDING THREADS