Jul 16, 2020
I have a 2080ti with an i7 7820X and a 1080p monitor, whenever I play, I will have stuttering here and there and freezes in mostly every open world game.
I was going to go buy the new ryzen 4000 cpu along with their new graphics card and a 1440p monitor. But I have to wait 3 months for this, is there anything I can do to reduce the bottleneck for now?
Also, if I just went and upgraded my monitor for now really quick would that remove the cpu bottlenecking my gpu?

Solution
I don't see bottleneck on your setup Yea nvm, I'm not familiar with Intel CPUs so probably it does bottleneck a bit. Your build shouldn't struggle at 1080p. In fact, if I were you, I would keep the GPU for the next generation, I highly doubt AMD will release something that actually performs better than your RTX 2080 Ti.

The problem is somewhere else, could be thermal throttling. The CPU is 3 years old, if you are using stock cooler and the thermal paste pad that was included, you could at least apply new thermal paste, and install a new cooler.

TL;DR: just upgrade to Ryzen 4XXX
Aug 15, 2020
I don't see bottleneck on your setup Yea nvm, I'm not familiar with Intel CPUs so probably it does bottleneck a bit. Your build shouldn't struggle at 1080p. In fact, if I were you, I would keep the GPU for the next generation, I highly doubt AMD will release something that actually performs better than your RTX 2080 Ti.

The problem is somewhere else, could be thermal throttling. The CPU is 3 years old, if you are using stock cooler and the thermal paste pad that was included, you could at least apply new thermal paste, and install a new cooler.

TL;DR: just upgrade to Ryzen 4XXX

Last edited:
Solution