[SOLVED] My CPU is changing temps at idle from 32 to 56 degrees and also the fan doesnt go higher than 1973 rpm

www.vukasin

Prominent
Jan 30, 2019
So I got a new cpu cooler Antec A30 LED for my fx 8300 and well I started up monster hunter world and after 5 mins the pc just shut down. So I went to HWMonitor and then I saw that the cpu temp is high at idle and it went to 80 degrees when I was in main menu of MHW!!! So then I looked up and saw that the RPM doesnt go more than 1978 rpm, so I think this is a problem with the cpu temperatures. Can someone please help me?
PS: I bought and installed it today aswell as my new PSU CoolerMaster MWE 500white 80+ rating.Maybe thats the problem?

Solution
D
The guy who did it for me told that it was clean or something, don't know how to translate from my language and so it didn't need to be put
What? Was the paste pre-applied on the cooler or something? You always need to put thermal paste in order for the cooler to even work properly. No matter how clean the underside of the cooler and the CPU itself is, you always need thermal paste.
have one question, how can I make it so it spins faster so id doesnt hit 80c?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the max RPM on that cooler is 2000, you can't really make it spin faster.
D

Deleted member 2720853

You did apply thermal paste, correct? If so, which thermal compound? Have you mounted the cooler properly?

Not to be insulting, but...several coolers come with transparent stickers on their undersides, many with varying degrees of 'noticeability', i.e., a distinct lack of a large yellow tag saying 'Remove before Use', etc...

Is it securely locked down on all four corners, and, without an abundant overload of paste? (A very thin, almost 'see through' layer is best)

www.vukasin

Prominent
Jan 30, 2019
You did apply thermal paste, correct? If so, which thermal compound? Have you mounted the cooler properly?
The guy who did it for me told that it was clean or something, don't know how to translate from my language and so it didn't need to be put. I put my old cooler in and yeah it rotates faster than the new one, have one question, how can I make it so it spins faster so id doesnt hit 80c?

D

Deleted member 2720853

The guy who did it for me told that it was clean or something, don't know how to translate from my language and so it didn't need to be put
What? Was the paste pre-applied on the cooler or something? You always need to put thermal paste in order for the cooler to even work properly. No matter how clean the underside of the cooler and the CPU itself is, you always need thermal paste.
have one question, how can I make it so it spins faster so id doesnt hit 80c?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the max RPM on that cooler is 2000, you can't really make it spin faster.

Solution