[SOLVED] My CPU is Ryzen 5 2600 and I use a 1440p 170hz monitor will my cpu bottleneck 3080?

Sep 17, 2020
My CPU is Ryzen 5 2600 and I use a 1440p 170hz monitor will my cpu bottleneck 3080?

System unit:
Ryzen 5 2600 stock cooler
16gb 3200 TUF T-Force
Asus TUF B450m Plus
Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080ti (current gpu)
Cooler Master 650w bronze

Monitor: Asus TUF VG27AQL1A

Solution
thank you so it my build is still good if I only upgrade for 3080 right? I only intend to play some csgo, valorant.. the heaviest could be warzone and cyberpunk2077
That’s a big range of game requirements. CS GO and Valorant will be limited by the cpu, they are no gpu demanding and I doubt a gpu upgrade will benefit much over the 1080ti. COD Warzone is very gpu and cpu heavy and we expect Cyberpunk will be too. This is where you will see any material improvements. It’s up to you if this justifies the cost.
thank you so it my build is still good if I only upgrade for 3080 right? I only intend to play some csgo, valorant.. the heaviest could be warzone and cyberpunk2077
That’s a big range of game requirements. CS GO and Valorant will be limited by the cpu, they are no gpu demanding and I doubt a gpu upgrade will benefit much over the 1080ti. COD Warzone is very gpu and cpu heavy and we expect Cyberpunk will be too. This is where you will see any material improvements. It’s up to you if this justifies the cost.

Reactions: RoKu94
Solution

mjbn1977

Distinguished
Generally you can say, the lower the resolution and graphic details, the higher will be the frame rates and also the CPU bottle neck. The higher the resolution and graphic details (especially with ray tracing), the lower will be the CPU bottle neck.

As long you have at least a 6 core CPU (especially something that clocks quite high), you should be fine on 1440p with highest graphics settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoKu94