[SOLVED] My CPU is turning on but monitor, keyboard and mouse aren't (happened after new ram insertion)

Mar 13, 2020
Okay so my build is core i5 7400, with Asus H110M-K
motherboard, 8GB DDR4 2400mhz RAM, 550w PSU, and a 1050ti.

I just bought 8 GB more RAM for my system. It was working fine before I did this. I turned it off, removed the cover and inserted the new ram chip as far as it went. Tried to turn it on but nope, the CPU turns on, so do all the fans and lights. But my monitor, keyboard and mouse don't. I pulled out the ram and flipped it over and inserted it, same thing. Completely pulled it out to get back to the stage in which my pc was working, still doesn't work. Please help. I'll be happy to provide pictures/videos if needed.

Solution
Ram is keyed to fit only one way.
If you "flipped" it over and still tried to force insert it, you must have damaged something.

Test each stick with memtest86.
You should be able to complete a full test with NO errors if the stick is good.

If both sticks show good, then your issue is likely compatibility.
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.

If you do buy more disparate...
Ram is keyed to fit only one way.
If you "flipped" it over and still tried to force insert it, you must have damaged something.

Test each stick with memtest86.
You should be able to complete a full test with NO errors if the stick is good.

If both sticks show good, then your issue is likely compatibility.
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.

If you do buy more disparate sticks, they should be the same speed, voltage and cas numbers.
Even then your chances of working are less than 100%
I might guess 90% success for intel and less for amd.

What is your plan "B" if the new stick/s do not work?

If you want 16gb, my suggestion if you have an intel motherboard is to buy a 2 x 8gb kit that matches your current specs.
Then, try adding in your old 8gb,
If it works, good; you now have extra ram.
If not, sell the old ram or keep it as a spare.

Solution
Mar 13, 2020
The RAM i added was the same as the one I had before. So exactly same 2 RAM sticks. I checked the ram and theres no visual damage. I only have one system and since the monitor, keyboard and mouse aren't working I can't really test for anything.

One thing that's most likely the cause and I forgot to mention is that i vacuumed the pc a little using an air blower before adding the RAM. I read that static electricity can kill pcs. Is this the cause?

I doubt that air would have damaged anything.

But, your ram is NOT exactly the same if it did not come from the same matched kit.
Even the same part number and batch number can have incompatibilities.

Run memtest86 on each stick.
It does not use windows.
It is possible that the new stick is defective.
Also, your motherboard manual will specify which slot to use if you only have one stick.