My CPU Temperature suddenly rises and is not the thermal paste or dust

Daniel_371

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016
My motherboard temperature normally goes between 38c(iddle) - 40c(on load) but now it goes between 50c - 70c , i have clean the radiator and the fans, change the thermal paste (after change the thermal paste the temperature drop down between 33c - 35 c and i thought it was fix, then i turned off my pc and then again back to the same 55 c (idle)

please if someone could help me to solve this problem i would be very appreciate

as a note i did reset my bios and for a moment the temperature raise up til 90c (wich lead me to believe maybe was the temperature sensor, however i did feel the temperature change from 40 to 90 (i touch the back of my motherboard and was very hot)

my motherboard is a msi x99a gaming 7
my cpu is a i7 5820K
and i use a corsair corsair h100i gtx for my cpu

i belive something is making my cpu demanding more power without need to

Solution
If you believe something is making your CPU require more power, then best check what software is running in the background. I'd also suggest anti-virus and malware scanning as well.

Gut feeling is the cooler is failing. How long have you had it? There tends to be a shelf life of about 5 years I've read.
If you believe something is making your CPU require more power, then best check what software is running in the background. I'd also suggest anti-virus and malware scanning as well.

Gut feeling is the cooler is failing. How long have you had it? There tends to be a shelf life of about 5 years I've read.

Solution

Daniel_371

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016
obakasama, thanks for answer, I check all the softwares that are running right now but i could not find something that demands that extra power, today is the second time im making the scan.

I have my cooler since last year. I also thought that maybe could be that failing, however I touch one of the hoses and one is cold and the other is warm so i think the circulation is working fine, maybe could be something else that is failing on the cooler?

i check for lose cables or something else and all seems in their right place

Just make sure you're using a reputable anti-virus scanner; same for malware scanner too. To be on the safe side, of course.

If the cooler is new from last year, then it would seem too soon for it to fail. (Though faulty things are always unpredictable.) I've never used liquid coolers, but I would also suggest checking if the fans are working as well.

That's pretty much the limit of what I can think of.

Daniel_371

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016

You were right!, it was my cooler failing, I notify corsair about my cooler and seems it was that , thanks for the help