[SOLVED] My Desktop will always get half of the download speed of any other device on my home network.

Sep 29, 2021
Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask, however, as the title states, my desktop will get around 120-140 megabits down, while every other device (about 5 total) will always get the 300 megabits service that i have from ATT. I am currently using ethernet, and have tried the same cable on 2 laptops, and will still get the same results and so I know it is not a cable or router issue. I have an ASUS B250F motherboard, i7-6700k and a rtx 2060 if that info is of any use. I will provide any other info if needed. i have tried about every basic troubleshooting step i can find online, as well as a few more in depth ones as well, so i have decided to come looking for assistance. thanks!

kanewolf

Titan
Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask, however, as the title states, my desktop will get around 120-140 megabits down, while every other device (about 5 total) will always get the 300 megabits service that i have from ATT. I am currently using ethernet, and have tried the same cable on 2 laptops, and will still get the same results and so I know it is not a cable or router issue. I have an ASUS B250F motherboard, i7-6700k and a rtx 2060 if that info is of any use. I will provide any other info if needed. i have tried about every basic troubleshooting step i can find online, as well as a few more in depth ones as well, so i have decided to come looking for assistance. thanks!
Do you have the "ROG Game First" software installed? That will slow traffic to prioritize game traffic.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts