Question My display turns off my computer

May 5, 2020
I got a new 144hz monitor a while ago from amazon, too long ago to return it (stupid i know). Everytime i try and use it, it turns off my computer. To specify, I can use it for online purposes, i can not use it for games. Every time i try to play a game it black screens, shows a "no signal" sign, and restarts my PC. I also cannot go above or below 59hz on it, or it will turn my PC off as well. It uses display port. Under advanced display settings, its registered as a generic pnp monitor, with all its drives fully updated. I use the default display port cables that came with the monitor, they do not seem damaged but i have no others to test with so for all i know it could be a faulty cable but that doesnt seem right to me.

This is the monitor page on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N6ZBCVY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
If it says something like 300$, dont worry i didnt pay that much, thats after Covid19 price gouging.

My old monitor (which is technically a polaroid tv) connects with an hdmi and has no problem at all with my computer.

Before you say "Its impossible for a monitor to do that blah blah" like ive had 3 others say, I can provide video proof if i really need to.

I would try using a different dp cable
i had the same problems as you did rovert.Playing csgo for about 10 minutes,then boom all od a sudden a black screen followed by a pc shutting down and turning on emmediatelly.That happens for 2 reasons (or more i only know 2 :) ):
Either the cpu is overheating,cuz of the dust or cooler not being mounted properly,
or the psu is not enough man.
List all your specs AND PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO FORGET TO MENTION THEIR PSU.
Thanks in advance :)

Dylan_35

Reputable
Jan 21, 2016
i had the same problems as you did rovert.Playing csgo for about 10 minutes,then boom all od a sudden a black screen followed by a pc shutting down and turning on emmediatelly.That happens for 2 reasons (or more i only know 2 :) ):
Either the cpu is overheating,cuz of the dust or cooler not being mounted properly,
or the psu is not enough man.
List all your specs AND PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO FORGET TO MENTION THEIR PSU.
Thanks in advance :)
He said it works fine on a different monitor.

May 16, 2020
im having a similar issue with the exact same monitor except it crashes to desktop but only on overwatch. my psu is fine i ran 11 hours of mortal kombat 11 straight no crashes. but switch to overwatch and it crashes first game. only an issue on this monitor though. when i run it on my tv it works fine