Moth254KF

Prominent
Sep 24, 2020
I just replaced my ethernet cable a few days ago, but now often suddenly my ethernet conection just goes away. The cable is in perfect conditions, Maybe is the modem? or I damaged the lan port from my mobo?

Solution
On occasion, I have lost internet.
The reason was that the ethernet cable was not fully plugged into the motherboard port.
If the cable dangles, it can leverage it out of the socket.
Try pushing the connection fully in.
You should see the green light blinking, indicating a physical connection.

Moth254KF

Prominent
Sep 24, 2020
Why did you replace the cable? Does the old cable work fine?
I replace it because the old one was broken, so I replaced it with a cat5e. I chek everything, the cable is fine, there no damage in the cable or nothing else, and the rj45 was put togheter. I think I <Mod Edit> up my ethernet port from my motherboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ethernet ports are not easy to actually break. You can look for a bent wire inside but it is unlikely.

It could be you have a defective cable. Even the very best company has bad ones. They do not actually test every cable...well there are cables you can pay extra that they include certification reports.

Unless the cable is very long it is going to be cheaper to just try another cable than doing something like buying a pcie ethernet card.

On occasion, I have lost internet.
The reason was that the ethernet cable was not fully plugged into the motherboard port.
If the cable dangles, it can leverage it out of the socket.
Try pushing the connection fully in.
You should see the green light blinking, indicating a physical connection.

Solution