[SOLVED] My Ethernet Connection keeps disconnecting randomly

YARZ

Prominent
Apr 11, 2019
So I have a main Optic fiber router that can't cover my whole house, so I bought an access point router and wired an Ethernet cable to the other end of the house and connected the router and everything seemed fine. I also made both of them with the same name and password so I don't have to change my wifi connection every time I move around the house. Everything worked fine for a while. But for the last couple of days, my ethernet between the two routers seems to randomly disconnect; and to connect it again I have to unplug the ethernet cable from the main router side and plug it in again for it to work for a couple of hours and then disconnect again. Even the 2 yellow and green lights next to the ethernet cable that indicate if it is working or not are off until I unplug the cable and replug it again.

When I made both routers with the same name, I disabled DCHP on the secondary router, mainly, I followed a tutorial and it was working fine for months, so I don't think that's the problem.

Any Solutions?

Solution
Make and model of your routers? You can try and see if they have any firmware updates pending. You might also want to state the distance between the two routers. You could try and take another length of wire(shorter perhaps) to see if the connectivity/activity on the routers LED's respond when on the shorter cable at any given time, without disconnecting the Ethernet cable.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your routers? You can try and see if they have any firmware updates pending. You might also want to state the distance between the two routers. You could try and take another length of wire(shorter perhaps) to see if the connectivity/activity on the routers LED's respond when on the shorter cable at any given time, without disconnecting the Ethernet cable.

Solution
Are u in any way using tp link routers? its a common problem with tp link routers, rebooting the router fixes the issue temporarily... u can also try and create a schedule to reboot the router every day or so, it helped with many users...
Its generally issues with the particular firmware or faulty router issues,,,

May 9, 2020
Its a longshot, but with my situation, we did not know we had to do a cross-wire to prevent power/electrical wire interference from overhead, assuming you did your ethernet DIY, you'll just have to redo the RJ45 heads, and do the appropriate cross-wire, if it is this, it is literally putting a wire over another,as for how to do that I'm unsure but it may be a "lead" to search up on or ask your ISP how they do they're cabling.