[SOLVED] My GPU doesn't run in PCIe x16 ?

Jun 1, 2024
So, this problem is bugging me and I cannot find a solution. So as I said when I checked my PCIe bus lane I found out my graphic card is currently running in x2 1.1 instead of x16. there is only one PCIe lane and I am sure it x16
my PC specs are
Intel I5 4570
10 GB ram
Gtx 1050ti
450 watt power supply
Esonic H81 motherboard (In sysinfo it: intel H81,BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 4.6.5, 1/22/2022)

I have tried various stuff
Have stress-tested the GPU
Old ATI Radeon GPU runs fine in x16 as well as gt 710
Have cleaned install driver (Using DDU)
Different monitor
Cleaned the GPU using a dry cloth and eraser
Removed one Ram

Is it voltage related issue or anything?

If someone can help please help, I Haven't seen such kind a problem in any other system.

Last edited:
The GTX 1050 Ti will not run in x16 as it is not designed to do so. However, it should be running higher than x2. Based on my memory, I believe it can run at a max of x8, which is high enough to allow the card to run at full speed.

I would check the BIOS settings.

Jun 1, 2024
thanks for the reply, I don't have anything in bios that says PCIe is there any word that the vendor uses instead of PCIe

So as I said when I checked my PCIe bus lane I found out my graphic card is currently running in x2 1.1 instead of x16.
Gtx 1050ti

If someone can help please help, I Haven't seen such kind a problem in any other system.
If other cards run fine in x16 mode on the same board, then
it's a 99.9% - a faulty GTX 1050ti card.
Could be some smd component has been broken off board. Or may be the card got some liquid damage on it.

With increased load it should switch to PCIE 3.0 mode though.

But the card is so weak, x2 mode should not cause any significant performance reduction.

Joseph_138

Distinguished
I was just watching a video recently on Youtube, where a guy was diagnosing a GTX 980, and while he was doing his diagnosis, he pointed out a row of resistors on the card that ran along the PCIe connector, and explained if one of those resistors was bad, the pins further along the connector would cease to function. So if the resistor at the point where 4x becomes 8x fails, then 1x, 2x, and 4x, will continue to function, but 8x and 16x won't. I don't know if that's your particular problem, though, as i'm not an expert.

Jun 1, 2024
If other cards run fine in x16 mode on the same board, then
it's a 99.9% - a faulty GTX 1050ti card.
Could be some smd component has been broken off board. Or may be the card got some liquid damage on it.

With increased load it should switch to PCIE 3.0 mode though.

But the card is so weak, x2 mode should not cause any significant performance reduction.

I was just watching a video recently on Youtube, where a guy was diagnosing a GTX 980, and while he was doing his diagnosis, he pointed out a row of resistors on the card that ran along the PCIe connector, and explained if one of those resistors was bad, the pins further along the connector would cease to function. So if the resistor at the point where 4x becomes 8x fails, then 1x, 2x, and 4x, will continue to function, but 8x and 16x won't. I don't know if that's your particular problem, though, as i'm not an expert.
I have tried the GPU in my friend's computer and it is perfectly fine there I have updated the Graphic Bios as well, The Only thing left is my motherboard bios update ( My motherboard Name is (Esonic H81JEL) do you know any sites where I might find the bios file as well as there is no option for Q flash in my bios.

Jun 1, 2024
So, this problem is bugging me and I cannot find a solution. So as I said when I checked my PCIe bus lane I found out my graphic card is currently running in x2 1.1 instead of x16. there is only one PCIe lane and I am sure it x16
my PC specs are
Intel I5 4570
10 GB ram
Gtx 1050ti
450 watt power supply
Esonic H81 motherboard (In sysinfo it: intel H81,BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 4.6.5, 1/22/2022)

Different monitor
Removed one Ram

Hey guys, Thank you so much for trying, the problem seems to be missing C558 Pin in GPU,
I bought it from facebook marketplace. So, make sure to check you graphics card in person while buying, the seller might not respond if contacted afterwards.
View: https://imgur.com/a/Y8HOyuH

I'm more concerned with the state of those screws: they look corroded or rusted? And is that staining over to the left, past the C566 capacitor? As well as around the ones by the absent C558. Compare to how clean the card is linked in the post above.

There's a chance somebody's CPU water-cooling leaked all over the back of this card and damaged it.

Jun 1, 2024
I'm more concerned with the state of those screws: they look corroded or rusted? And is that staining over to the left, past the C566 capacitor? As well as around the ones by the absent C558. Compare to how clean the card is linked in the post above.

There's a chance somebody's CPU water-cooling leaked all over the back of this card and damaged it.
Yeah, that could be it, I delivered this card and the seller is not responding, now the account does not even exist on Facebook, So, I have done everything in bios. I even tried a different GPU and it ran fine.

Joseph_138

Distinguished
Hey guys, Thank you so much for trying, the problem seems to be missing C558 Pin in GPU,
I bought it from facebook marketplace. So, make sure to check you graphics card in person while buying, the seller might not respond if contacted afterwards.
View: https://imgur.com/a/Y8HOyuH
This is why I don't buy from Facebook Marketplace. You don't get to return things, if they don't work as promised. Ebay will back you up, if things go wrong, and the seller can't refuse to refund, because Paypal will take the money back, whether they agree to the return or not.

Yeah, that could be it, I delivered this card and the seller is not responding, now the account does not even exist on Facebook, So, I have done everything in bios. I even tried a different GPU and it ran fine.
Yeah, sorry but it looks like you've been sold a lemon. The seller likely damaged it with a coolant leak, has sold it knowing it was damaged, taken the money and done a runner.

An unfortunate lesson to have to learn. On the plus side, it may not be impacting that card's performance as much as it would some others.

Jun 1, 2024
Yeah, sorry but it looks like you've been sold a lemon. The seller likely damaged it with a coolant leak, has sold it knowing it was damaged, taken the money and done a runner.

An unfortunate lesson to have to learn. On the plus side, it may not be impacting that card's performance as much as it would some others.
Yeah, It was a silly mistake, I was suggested to clean it using Isopropyl Alcohol but here in my country Isopropyl Alcohol, I cannot find Isopropyl Alcohol near me if there any other things that I can use like sanitizer or nail polish remover, clean it thoroughly?

Don't use hand sanitiser. It'll almost certainly leave behind residues that might be just as bad as what you're trying to clean off.

Don't use nail polish remover. It contains acetone which might eat through some of the plastics on your graphics card.

Try and find an independent consumer shop for electronics or computer parts and see what they have for cleaning PCBs and where you might get some.

Given that the graphics card is working and probably not losing too much performance, and that cleaning isn't guaranteed to fix the issue, you don't want to risk damaging it further by cleaning it incorrectly.

Jun 1, 2024
my PC specs are
Intel I5 4570
10 GB ram
Gtx 1050ti
450 watt power supply

Different monitor
Removed one Ram

The problem got more tricky, I used distilled water to clean the GPU and changed the screw now the Nvidia control panel shows the correct information but still the gpuz show running at the same PCIe bus lane
View: https://imgur.com/a/apRKCc6

rene641

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2014
Last edited: