[SOLVED] My GPU is not performing as expected (Gigabyte RX 570)

Nov 8, 2019
Hi there! I want to know if there is something wrong with my one-month old GPU. I have an RX 570 and I feel like it's not performing as it should. I have seen benchmarks on YouTube and other sites and I notice my card is not performing as expected (Lower fps and overall performance compared to the benchmarks which feature the same specs). I've seen the same specs do 80+ fps (Maxed out settings, with some useless ones turned off) on GTA V, Fortnite, Apex Legends and other games.

I did a benchmark test using UserBenchmark and it says my GPU is performing 35% below expectation.

I have Ryzen 5 2600, B450 MoBo, RX 570, 8x2 GB Ram 3200 mhz

Things I have tried:
  • Enabled XMP (even tried to manually set the timings)
  • BIOS Update
  • DDU over and over again
  • Tried upgrading and downgrading GPU drivers
  • Updating to the latest mobo chipset and other drivers (LAN, RAID, etc..)
  • Scan for Viruses and Malware
  • Even tried to play with Wattman a bit
  • Upgrading/downgrading Windows
  • Even with VSync off, I still get <60-50fps

Solution
Even if it isn't the problem, unless you want to build a new system, get that thing out of there, and replace it with a quality unit. Even a corsair CX550m, which is a more budget friendly option, would be a lot better, than what you have now. I am speaking from experience, here. I had a low quality PSU die and take a CPU and motherboard with it. Deepcool has some nice products, and power supplies are not one of them.
Nov 8, 2019
What is your PSU Sir ? Are you monitoring the temps while checking the performance ? Do you have the latest windows version ?
I have a DeepCool DE500 PSU and yup, I have the latest windows version. I even tried downgrading to a lower version.

Is your ram set to 3200, in the bios, and in the proper slots, for dual channel operation?
It is, yes. The rams are placed in the 2nd and 4th slot.

Nov 8, 2019
It can cause a host of issues, such as BSOD's, and system freezes. If your GPU is not getting enough clean power, it could cause performance problems as well. The biggest issue is such PSU's can damage hardware.
I've been using this system for 2 months now and I haven't gotten a single BSOD and my system hasn't frozen once. But do you think this PSU is the main cause as to why I am getting 20-40 fps less than the benchmarks of other people?

logainofhades

Titan
Even if it isn't the problem, unless you want to build a new system, get that thing out of there, and replace it with a quality unit. Even a corsair CX550m, which is a more budget friendly option, would be a lot better, than what you have now. I am speaking from experience, here. I had a low quality PSU die and take a CPU and motherboard with it. Deepcool has some nice products, and power supplies are not one of them.

Reactions: King_V
Solution
Nov 8, 2019
Ah, I see. Thanks for the advice!

Still looking to fix my problem though. :(

Nov 8, 2019
Versus the videos you have seen, is EVERYTHING set EXACTLY the same on the various games involved?

Is all of your hardware EXACTLY the same, or very close?

I'm generally a little dubious about benchmarks on YouTube.
Yes! I have tried lower settings and it doesn't seem to make any change unless I set it to the lowest settings possible. I know you might think these systems could be overclocked but I have two friends who got the same specs (non-overclocked) and they could top the games with over 100+ fps and I barely get 60 fps with lower settings. I sometimes kick to over 70+ fps when I am looking at the sky or the ground but that's it.

anotheruser2

Prominent
Oct 14, 2018
I have nearly the same set up as you, although mine is the RX580.

It sounds like it's taking off while running a couple of games - runs at about 60°C / 70°C.

I don't have the game on high settings (Planet Zoo) but it might just be that the graphics card simply isn't that great?

I thought more RAM (I only have 8GB) would be a solver but no (and didn't try).

May 18, 2019

It sounds like it's taking off while running a couple of games - runs at about 60°C / 70°C.

I don't have the game on high settings (Planet Zoo) but it might just be that the graphics card simply isn't that great?

Is your card single or dual fan? And what brand is it?
Also what's your psu?

Nov 8, 2019
Gigabyte has different models for the rx 570 4gb go on their website and link me the model u have.
https://www.gigabyte.com/ph/Graphics-Card/GV-RX570GAMING-4GD#kf

It is really, honestly, under performing. I have compared it to others' system with the same specs (non-overclocked) and I am getting 20-30 less fps than what they get.

May 18, 2019
https://www.gigabyte.com/ph/Graphics-Card/GV-RX570GAMING-4GD#kf

It is really, honestly, under performing. I have compared it to others' system with the same specs (non-overclocked) and I am getting 20-30 less fps than what they get.
I was thinking of getting the exact same model. I recommend formatting ur windows, a clean install will remove all doubt that it's not a software issue.
Also monitor ur gpu temp with msi afterburner to make sure it's not overheating.
If you've done the above then maybe change ur psu to a reputable brand with an 80+ bronze minimum rating to make sure ur gpu isn't undervolting because it's not receiving enough power.

Nov 8, 2019
I was thinking of getting the exact same model. I recommend formatting ur windows, a clean install will remove all doubt that it's not a software issue.
Also monitor ur gpu temp with msi afterburner to make sure it's not overheating.
If you've done the above then maybe change ur psu to a reputable brand with an 80+ bronze minimum rating to make sure ur gpu isn't undervolting because it's not receiving enough power.
I have reinstalled Windows 3 times using 3 different installers. It didn't change a thing. I really think this is up to my PSU now. I won't be able to get a new one for a long time.