Question My graphic card runs normal but shuts down while gaming

vleds123

Commendable
Apr 29, 2019
Ive had issues with my PC rebooting when launching a game. And it is my GPU that died, is there a way to fix it or something because im not in the market to buy a new one. The PC shop told me to buy a nnew one but if theres a way to fix it tell me.

The PC can detect my vga and i can sometime do stress test without the PC shutting down but sometime the screen goes blank and it freeze there or in game like killing floor 2 it would reboot csgo i could play a game so id stop to go back to kf2 and yep.
Also twice during stress test it would reboot

I5 7400 3.0Ghz
Msi 1060 3Gb
Z270F strix
Hynix 8Gb 2133
ATX850W

vleds123

Commendable
Apr 29, 2019
I don't know exactly I will let you know all I know is the fan in it is rgb but i will let you know. But the shop told me he tried another vga and the PC was fine. I had motherboard Issues a few days ago I will try in my old working mobo see if the problem persist.

So becasue it worked with the other GPU maybe its not the PSU.

Ive had issues with my PC rebooting when launching a game. And it is my GPU that died, is there a way to fix it or something because im not in the market to buy a new one. The PC shop told me to buy a nnew one but if theres a way to fix it tell me.

The PC can detect my vga and i can sometime do stress test without the PC shutting down but sometime the screen goes blank and it freeze there or in game like killing floor 2 it would reboot csgo i could play a game so id stop to go back to kf2 and yep.
Also twice during stress test it would reboot

I5 7400 3.0Ghz
Msi 1060 3Gb
Z270F strix
Hynix 8Gb 2133
ATX850W

Why would the shop tell you to buy a new one when yours should be in warranty? I don't see any 1060 video card being out of warranty now.
And make sure the power supply is good in that system if it was build by that PC shop. Anything cheap is not good in a gaming setup.

vleds123

Commendable
Apr 29, 2019
Why would the shop tell you to buy a new one when yours should be in warranty? I don't see any 1060 video card being out of warranty now.
And make sure the power supply is good in that system if it was build by that PC shop. Anything cheap is not good in a gaming setup.
I bought my PC used from a shop that didn't give me warranty, but its weird that my PC still turns on normally it detects my GPU and i tested with another PSU (xigmatek) and it worked but when i changed my VGA in my PC (GTX 660) it worked perfectly. But why would my PC reboot when i launch a game the guy told me my vga is busted but whyyyyy i cant buy another one i dont wanna sell my pc or leave it like this

vleds123

Commendable
Apr 29, 2019
Anyone? and for those asking for my psu i think it is unbranded i didnt see any name on it can't find on google but anyway the issue wasnt with the PSU as he tried another GPU and it worked. Does no one have any advice that would help me not buy another GPU

vleds123

Commendable
Apr 29, 2019
I am looking at forums online about this problem how can i have an issue that pc owner had in 2010 and 2012 why is my luck like this, im having both issues with my mobo and gpu

I bought my PC used from a shop that didn't give me warranty, but its weird that my PC still turns on normally it detects my GPU and i tested with another PSU (xigmatek) and it worked but when i changed my VGA in my PC (GTX 660) it worked perfectly. But why would my PC reboot when i launch a game the guy told me my vga is busted but whyyyyy i cant buy another one i dont wanna sell my pc or leave it like this

The warranty for the hardware is not from the shop but from the maker of the video card. You may need to have the card registered for warranty.
You can't do a proper test on a video card without a good quality power supply and ability to test it in another system. If the card is bad, it's bad. Maybe due to overheating, the prior owner stressing it with overclocking, low quality power supply causing damage over time to it, just random glitch.