Question My Hardware MUST be under performing...

playstation1868

Prominent
Apr 5, 2018
52
0
530
0
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RalI3ICOaA


After watching a benchmark video like this one, and there are many like this floating around the web, I am convinced that my hardware must be not up to snuff. I have a nearly identical build as you can see by my signature below and for crying out loud I WISH that I got a 141 FPS average in BFV on Ultra! I even disabled my unstable overclock and reset my BIOS to optimized defaults. Things should be more or less running as intended now and I can NOT get more than 60 FPS in that scenario with DX12 (and DX11 makes it even worse). I do not have RayTracing on either. This is insane. The game stutters and lags and, for those of you who have seen my other threads on the matter, disabling the overclock only partially solved the issue. What is wrong with my PC?! It is quite literally brand new. The gaming performance is so..."eh"...compared to the bench marking videos that I have seen ESPECIALLY in battlefield games. Still very confused...please help. All drivers are new and reinstalled, I am on the latest windows update, there are no background processes, there is no thermal throttling. Are my parts just duds?
 

Lutfij

Titan
Moderator
By nearly identical, how much different is it from the video you've linked?

FYI, specs listed in your sig space can and will change over time which will mean that this thread and it's suggestions/solutions will be moot once those specs change. When that happens the person in the same boat as you trying to find a solution will be lost with our conversations.

It's for this reason that we advise you list your specs in the body of the thread.

So, if you will, please list your specs like so, here:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
OS:

We can move forward from there.
 

playstation1868

Prominent
Apr 5, 2018
52
0
530
0
By nearly identical, how much different is it from the video you've linked?

FYI, specs listed in your sig space can and will change over time which will mean that this thread and it's suggestions/solutions will be moot once those specs change. When that happens the person in the same boat as you trying to find a solution will be lost with our conversations.

It's for this reason that we advise you list your specs in the body of the thread.

So, if you will, please list your specs like so, here:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
OS:

We can move forward from there.
Sure.
CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x Stock clocked.
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum Liquid Cooler.
MB: ASUS ROG Crosshair Hero VIII (WIFI).
RAM: Gskill Trident 16GB @ 3600Mhz (OCd to 3733).
SSD: NvME M.2 Samsung 970 Evo 500GB.
HDD: 7200 RPM Seagate Baracuda 3TB.
GPU: EVGA Hybrid Cooled RTX 2080 Super.
PSU: Corsair RM850x.
Chassis: CoolerMaster H500m.
OS: Latest edition of Windows 10.

As a quick update, I just enabled MSI afterburner OSD and during a game of BFV my GPU sat at like no greater than 60% usage...where is the other 40%? Other games use 100%. I am playing on a mix of high and ultra settings on a 1440p 144Hz monitor of 27 inches. Other games play OK, though still not up to the level of the benchmarks I see. What is going on here! This rig performs not much better than my I7-7700 and 1070 at this point. Any ideas?
 
Yeah that's the problem with "benchmarks" that only show you a graph, they could have used the benchmark option in the menu that benchmarks the menu,or whatever it does.
Look for benchmarks that show you at least a video of what the benchmark run consists of so you can try and match it as much as possible to see if you are close or not.
 

playstation1868

Prominent
Apr 5, 2018
52
0
530
0
Yeah that's the problem with "benchmarks" that only show you a graph, they could have used the benchmark option in the menu that benchmarks the menu,or whatever it does.
Look for benchmarks that show you at least a video of what the benchmark run consists of so you can try and match it as much as possible to see if you are close or not.
This is true but just looking at what I said my performance was you can see something is wrong right? Why is GPU usage so low? Is BFV really poorly optimized? Buggy? This does not happen in BF1 or BF4. Framerates suck.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS