Question My Hikvision E200R NVME SSD doesnt fit.

Reece Fuller

Commendable
Apr 2, 2020
So my problem is the SSD fits in the NVME port on my Gigabyte B250M motherboard, but it won't go down because there is a transistor in the way as the SSD's Heat sink makes it too wide but it does go down slightly. So I was thinking of making a screw that will be extra long (also slightly curved as the SSD hole wouldn't line up anymore) so it will be plugged in properly but won't be pushed down flat but rather at a 30 degree-ish angle.
Becuase I bought a pcie to nvme adapter but it has been 3 months (way past the expected arrival date) from BangGood, so I really want to use my SSD (Im upgrading from old HDD to the SSD for booting).
I'm sure it will be secure and it fits 100% in the slot just that 30 degree angle?
Do you think it will work fine?
SSD.png

No you can't. The drive is inserted at an angle but it needs to be pushed down for the connectors to be properly touching the port connectors.

A M.2 drive should be horizontal and not inclined when installed properly. Where is that transistor in the picture I don't see it?

You're gonna have to give me some pictures. M.2 heatsink, board and that transistor.

Last edited:

Reece Fuller

Commendable
Apr 2, 2020
Hi Guys, Thank you for the reply.
I thought nobody would have replied, it is my first time on Tom's... So I did do it today.
So everything turns on and it picks it up on Speccy. I wiggled it quite hard and it didn't move at all, it seems very stable and it's connected securely, I have also put insulation tape on the multiple raisers that I connected and I super-glued the raisers together just in case.

I didn't want to remove the Heatsink, I looked it up a lot and made sure. I concluded that because it runs at quite high speeds, then it may have gotten too hot which could be very bad for the SSD.

Another question is: I want to change the colours of the LEDs, It says it's changeable with RGB Fusion (My B250M Motherboard doesn't have RGB Fusion) so do you know of any alternatives way to change the LEDs Colour

The second picture has that dastardly transistor that was in the way. [Slightly above the CRIUS Logo]

IMG-20200402-191330.jpg
IMG-20200402-191321.jpg
IMG-20200402-191151.jpg
IMG-20200402-191118.jpg