[SOLVED] My HP Pavilion 15-r laptop stopped working. What can I do to make it work?

DevuSin

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2014
Nothing comes up on screen and fans throttle from get go. Caps lock led is blinking twice in an interval so its a bios issue but how do I update bios without anything on screen? Fairly old laptop too

Solution
Please state the SKU/model of your laptop. HP Pavilion 15-r isn't the laptop's full model. As for your laptop, you might want to see if replacing the sticks of ram helps your cause. If what you say is right about the BIOS then you will need to recover the BIOS. This article should help but we will need the SKU for your laptop so you have the right BISO version/file.

Lutfij

Titan
Please state the SKU/model of your laptop. HP Pavilion 15-r isn't the laptop's full model. As for your laptop, you might want to see if replacing the sticks of ram helps your cause. If what you say is right about the BIOS then you will need to recover the BIOS. This article should help but we will need the SKU for your laptop so you have the right BISO version/file.

Solution