Question My keyboard keeps disconnecting when i turn on rgb and use it wired

May 16, 2024
My keyboard started to keep disconnecting while playing and having it wired with rgb lights on. If i use it without any lights or with a dongle it will work but otherwise it won't. My friend said that the battery could be overloaded so to protect it against damage the keyboard will turn itself off but idk what to say. Anybody know what it is ? Also the keyboard is a Redragon K616

May 16, 2024
when using a "dongle" the lights also function as they should?
i'm guessing you mean a USB receiver for wireless use?

you mean while connected with it's default included USB cable?
Yes i refer to the reciever as a dongle and yes whenever i use the keyboard with it the lights work and it doesn't disconnect. I mostly use it with the usb cable that came in the box and also tried other cables and still it keeps disconnecting when the rgb lights are on

it keeps disconnecting when the rgb lights are on
i would be looking to RMA the keyboard,
or if purchased recently just be looking to return it to the retailer purchased from.

it shouldn't be acting this way and even if you find a fix it may only be temporary.

first though you could check the manufacturer support forums and see if any other owners may be experiencing similar problems.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
How is the keyboard connected by cable to a USB port? Is it the ONLY device plugged into that computer case socket? OR, is it plugged into a USB hub with other devices? IF you have it AND other devices connected by Hub to a single computer USB port, you may not have enough power being supplied from that port.

Reactions: Ralston18

Ralston18

Titan
Are you able to test the keyboard on another known working computer (e.g., your friend's computer)?

Or test another known working keyboard on your computer using the same connection path?

Determine if the problem stays with the computer or follows the keyboard.