Question My keys continue to be pressed even after I let go, what should I do?

May 23, 2024
My keys continue to press after I stop pressing them. It's not physical (They aren't literally sticking down). But it continues to press in a game or whilst I'm typing. I've tried different keyboards, all do the same so it appears that it's an issue with my computer. I've tried to find a fix to my issue but nothing is helping. It stops if I reset my computer, but starts again after a couple of hours. I could just reset my computer every time, but that gets annoying and I would like a permanent fix. I've tried troubleshooters, multiple suggestions, and every thing like sticky keys is off so I think it's a problem with my system. I've tried with multiple keyboards and unplugged other cables to see if something was causing the problem but it seems to only be on my computer because no matter what I do it still won't stop. I haven't always had this problem, it started a couple months ago and won't stop so I really need to know, is there anything I can do? Or will I just have to reset my pc completely and just hope that it works and I didn't waste my time getting rid of a lot of files.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics, 3900Mhz, 6 cores,
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5500
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz 32GB
Drives: KXG60ZNV256G KIOXIA (230/237gb), Samsung PSSD T7 Shield SCSI Disk Device (197/1800gb)
Monitor: Samsung LS24AG30x 144Hz

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Try running the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also try "dism" and "sfc /scannow" to find and fix corrupted files.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

If the above actions do not work:

The next time you are forced to restart and the keys are working correctly then take an immediate look into Task Manager and Resource Monitor. Continue working as normal but keep checking as you go. Get a sense of what processess etc. are running and what system resources are being used.

When the keys begin to "continue pressing again" then again look in Task Manager and Resource Monitor.

Look for what has changed. Some new process or app that has launched and has begun running.

Look in Task Manager Startup and Task Scheduler for any unrecognized or unknown apps, etc..

Post accordingly.

May 23, 2024
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Try running the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also try "dism" and "sfc /scannow" to find and fix corrupted files.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

If the above actions do not work:

The next time you are forced to restart and the keys are working correctly then take an immediate look into Task Manager and Resource Monitor. Continue working as normal but keep checking as you go. Get a sense of what processess etc. are running and what system resources are being used.

When the keys begin to "continue pressing again" then again look in Task Manager and Resource Monitor.

Look for what has changed. Some new process or app that has launched and has begun running.

Look in Task Manager Startup and Task Scheduler for any unrecognized or unknown apps, etc..

Post accordingly.
I'm sorry to ask but, where should I check to find all of my system hardware specs and OS information, and what all would you want me to list. Also, I did the "sfc/ scannow" and "dism" some stuff was found and fixed but the issue didn't stop. Lastly, I found nothing unrecognized, unknown, or anything new.

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020
I'm sorry to ask but, where should I check to find all of my system hardware specs and OS information, and what all would you want me to list. Also, I did the "sfc/ scannow" and "dism" some stuff was found and fixed but the issue didn't stop. Lastly, I found nothing unrecognized, unknown, or anything new.
Type System Info in the search bar for all software info.

Type Device Manager for all hardware

Ralston18

Titan

Motherboard
CPU
GPU
RAM
PSU
Disk drive(s)
Monitor(s)
Installed cards
Attached peripherals
Case

Include applicable make, model, version information for all components.

PSU include wattage and efficiency rating
Disk drive(s) include capacity, how full.

If in doubt, just include....

Avoid any information that may be personally revealing.

May 23, 2024

Motherboard
CPU
GPU
RAM
PSU
Disk drive(s)
Monitor(s)
Installed cards
Attached peripherals
Case

Include applicable make, model, version information for all components.

PSU include wattage and efficiency rating
Disk drive(s) include capacity, how full.

If in doubt, just include....

Avoid any information that may be personally revealing.
I included all the information that I could except I couldn't figure out what PSU I had (I know what it is but I didn't want to open my case to find out and I didn't find it anywhere else)