[SOLVED] My laptop takes around 5 to 10 minutes to shut down or restart ?

roudy-s

Reputable
Jan 21, 2017
Hello guys i have a problem my laptop is lenovo ideapad 330s with amd ryzen 5 2550u processor and vega 8 graphics
My problem is that my laptop is very slow at shutting down or restarting, but when booting from shutdown it is very fast.

I have tried everything but without luck. I have a problem in the bios as i have discovered and i have tried to reset bios by removing the cmos battery and the problem is still here.
I have got this error when i reboot to uefi and i can't fix it, and when i press to enter bios the f2 key it will not enter so i have to restart using advanced option from windows 11.
What can i do to fix this ?

This a screenshot about what is happening to me:

20211015_093517.jpg.72eff462c0aefb542959525581b2defa.jpg

Solution
its bios issue most likely, is it the 7SCN36WW bios version you have right now? Maybe bios downgrade is possible try to find older version and downgrade.

Try boot without SSD connected at all, you still get same error in bios after trying to change settings?

If thats not helping just try the cmos reset again, remove power cable, main battery then cmos coin battery and wait 30mins, then put cmos battery back and put it back together.

if that doesnt work only way is to get a spi programmer and flash the bios chip yourself.
Try update to latest bios, check your exact model from lenovo site.

If your problem started after updating bios (sometimes forced by windows update), you can try downgrading, first go to bios and enable setting called "bios back flash" after that you can downgrade.

roudy-s

Reputable
Jan 21, 2017
Try update to latest bios, check your exact model from lenovo site.

If your problem started after updating bios (sometimes forced by windows update), you can try downgrading, first go to bios and enable setting called "bios back flash" after that you can downgrade.
My bios is the latest version and i can't go back because when i enter the bios i can make any change when i change anything and want to save the changes it will give me the same error in the screenshot i don't know what to do in this situation.

Have you tried to update way older bios version?
My bios is the latest version and i can't go back because when i enter the bios i can make any change when i change anything and want to save the changes it will give me the same error in the screenshot i don't know what to do in this situation.

When you go bios and change setting for examble bios back flash, then you save and exit. You immiddattely get the message? And next time you go into bios the setting has not changed?

its bios issue most likely, is it the 7SCN36WW bios version you have right now? Maybe bios downgrade is possible try to find older version and downgrade.

Try boot without SSD connected at all, you still get same error in bios after trying to change settings?

If thats not helping just try the cmos reset again, remove power cable, main battery then cmos coin battery and wait 30mins, then put cmos battery back and put it back together.

if that doesnt work only way is to get a spi programmer and flash the bios chip yourself.

Solution

roudy-s

Reputable
Jan 21, 2017

Thank you for your help i think i will wait for a new bios release and try to update it