Question My laptop turns off after a few minutes ?

Elie_4

Honorable
Nov 19, 2016
I have an old laptop which is not my main Laptop, I got a newer pc so I moved a hard disk from it to use it for something else I had an older hard disk, so I decided to use it instead on that pc after that my pc turn on and I log in to windows but after that, the laptop turns off, it started happing a lot recently. I blamed the HDD drive because it is old and transfer speed is slow, so I got a new SSD instead because I thought it will solve my problem but it did not and laptop turns off after few minutes.

I noticed after trying to turn it on again that the laptop is too hot, can you tell me what's happing and is it fixable? in my opinion, I feel it is cooling problem because a laptop should not be that hot after less than10 min of barely doing anything just a simple update to an application.

I have an old laptop which is not my main Laptop, I got a newer pc so I moved a hard disk from it to use it for something else I had an older hard disk, so I decided to use it instead on that pc after that my pc turn on and I log in to windows but after that, the laptop turns off, it started happing a lot recently I blamed the HDD drive because it is old and transfer speed is slow, so I got a new SSD instead because I thought it will solve my problem but it did not and laptop turns off after few minutes, I noticed after trying to turn it on again that the laptop is too hot, can you tell me what's happing and is it fixable? in my opinion, I feel it is cooling problem because a laptop should not be that hot after less than10 min of barely doing anything just a simple update to an application.
Have you been maintaining the thermal paste and making sure to clean the case out every now and then thermal paste doesn't last forever

ASK THE COMMUNITY