Question My M.2 SSD Stop working after putting a GPU

Jun 4, 2023
(First I would like to apologize for my bad English and this is also my 2nd month doing and learning about pc stuffs)

So I have this 5600g pc that I decided to finally add a cheap GPU that I can afford, its an rx580 2048sp. The problem is whenever I plug it, my SSD does'nt turn on. I say that because my SSD have this red blinking light whenever I run my PC(I'll provide pictures below). I also have a 500 watts PSU so I think it's enough.

I tried removing the CMOS battery and It magically makes my PC work, but There's a wall of text in black background that appears for a second and the loads my pc normally, I even game on it and pc works, but when I shut down or even sleep my pc. It doesn't turn on again and my SSD isn't blinking so I think it have no power.

-PC when I put a GPU, everything turns on except the m.2 SSD

-PC without GPU, PC runs okay and can see a red blinking light on my SSD

(BTW my motherboard is Biostar B450MX-S Ver 6.0)

(First I would like to apologize for my bad English and this is also my 2nd month doing and learning about pc stuffs)

So I have this 5600g pc that I decided to finally add a cheap GPU that I can afford, its an rx580 2048sp. The problem is whenever I plug it, my SSD does'nt turn on. I say that because my SSD have this red blinking light whenever I run my PC(I'll provide pictures below). I also have a 500 watts PSU so I think it's enough.

I tried removing the CMOS battery and It magically makes my PC work, but There's a wall of text in black background that appears for a second and the loads my pc normally, I even game on it and pc works, but when I shut down or even sleep my pc. It doesn't turn on again and my SSD isn't blinking so I think it have no power.

-PC when I put a GPU, everything turns on except the m.2 SSD

-PC without GPU, PC runs okay and can see a red blinking light on my SSD

(BTW my motherboard is Biostar B450MX-S Ver 6.0)
Did you try without that M.2 drive ?

Jun 4, 2023
One thing at a time, first make sure your GPU is working when monitor is plugged into it.
I'm sure that my GPU works, it's just that my SSD doesn't get power so my PC don't boot.

I'm poor and don't wanna mess things up, Is there a way to see anything after I disabled my IGPU? I'm thinking that if it still doesn't work after making my gpu the default graphics. I wanna remove the GPU just use my IGPU temporarily. As i have very little understanding about these stuff so it may sound like nonsense, but are my concerns valid?

Last edited:
I'm sure that my GPU works, it's just that my SSD doesn't get power so my PC don't boot.

I'm poor and don't wanna mess things up, Is there a way to see anything after I disabled my IGPU? I'm thinking that if it still doesn't work after making my gpu the default graphics. I wanna remove and GPU just use my IGPU temporarily. As i have very little understanding about these stuff so it may sound like nonsense, but are my concerns valid
You can always reset CMOS/BIOS after removing GPU and go back to IGPU which should be a default anyway.
PS, Try GPU in second PCIe slot,

Jun 4, 2023
You can always reset CMOS/BIOS after removing GPU and go back to IGPU which should be a default anyway.
PS, Try GPU in second PCIe slot,
I read my motherboard's manual and it say it only have one 16x pcie slot, but i do see 2 of them what does this mean? Are they the same?

Also I'll try disabling the IGPU later as per your instructions, but I'd like to gather more information in order for me to not break my pc.

Jun 4, 2023
First PCIe x16 slot is PCIe v3/Gen3 and second one is V2/gen2 but should still work although maybe with a bit lower performance. PCIe generations are downwards compatible.
Should I do the swapping of pcie slot on my gpu first or this would be like my last option if ever making GPU the main display in bios still doesnt work?