My mic got broken off inside my computer

devnullbh

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
I have an Aspire G7750, the jack for mic part of my headset got broken off in the frontmic port. I tried a solution I found on google which was to use a pen and super glue to get it out, and now it's just super glued in there so I think I just need to replace the part. Which I think is the sound card but I'm not sure since I know theres also sound ports in the back of the tower and I'm just not that great with computer hardware. So I'm asking what can I do to fix this so I can use mics again.

P.S. The computer still thinks the mic is plugged in which has caused software problems. Such as the fact that the only way to play sound on the computer is to have something in the headphone slot, which makes sound play through the speakers and headphones and the only way to mute the computer is to actually lower the system volume to 0 as muting it will keep the volume the same but only mute the speakers so the headphones will still keep playing sound.

P.P.S. This is a picture of the area I was talking about
G1KTjcZ.jpg

Please Help

Solution
The front ports simply plug into the motherboard, you can open your case and follow the cables and unplug it. I would highly recommend cleaning your computer out while you are at it. In the mean time you can use the ports on your motherboard to run your mic and headset until you either manage to get the part unstuck or order a replacement. You will probably have to go with a third party solution or get some extender cables to run the ports in the back up front.
The front ports simply plug into the motherboard, you can open your case and follow the cables and unplug it. I would highly recommend cleaning your computer out while you are at it. In the mean time you can use the ports on your motherboard to run your mic and headset until you either manage to get the part unstuck or order a replacement. You will probably have to go with a third party solution or get some extender cables to run the ports in the back up front.

Solution