[SOLVED] My microphone is not picking up my voice clearly?

Sep 13, 2021
Hi guys, I just bought a PC around 2 months ago and when I used my Razer Kraken to test my mic volume in the control panel, it barely picks up my voice and even when I scream to the mouthpiece, it only picks up 2 bars max.

However, when I am using discord, my friends tell me my voice is clear and audible but a little on the soft side (they had to bump my volume to max to hear me and even so, they told me it's not medium-loud).

I have tested my Razer Kraken on my other older PC and it works well where it picked up my voice easily. I have googled and try every solutions out there but to no avail. Could this be a hardware issue? Can someone assist me please?

Motherboard is Z590-E gaming wifi, do let me know if I missed out any details. Greatly appreciated.

Solution
Go to Settings> Sound and make sure the correct mic is showing in the box in the Input section.
- if not then select the correct mic and retest.
- if it is then click on Device Properties
Once on Device Properties window, click Additional device properties in the top left.
In the pop-up, go to the Levels tab.
If the Main volume is maxed then raise the Microphone Boost up a notch and retest, you may need to lower the mic volume.
Repeat and see if you can get decent results.

popatim

Titan
Go to Settings> Sound and make sure the correct mic is showing in the box in the Input section.
- if not then select the correct mic and retest.
- if it is then click on Device Properties
Once on Device Properties window, click Additional device properties in the top left.
If the Main volume is maxed then raise the Microphone Boost up a notch and retest, you may need to lower the mic volume.

Solution
Sep 13, 2021
  • if not then select the correct mic and retest.
  • if it is then click on Device Properties

Hi there, thanks for the suggestion; I have tried playing with the settings as well as reinstalling my Realtek drivers. Upon reinstalling and restarting, the Recording tab under Control Panel now picks up input better than previously so but I still have to hold my mouthpiece really close to my mouth and talk in an unusual loud voice for the bar to visibly go beyond 2 green bars. Any way to improve this? I am currently using Razer Kraken 7.1 surround sound if that helps.

Thank you again!