Aug 18, 2019
So, i want upgrade my old pc but my motherboard doesnt see gpu. I bought new gtx 760 windforce, fans work and when i plug in cable to my psu no signal disappears but i still have black screen.The monitor is in standby mode My specifications
CPU: i3-2100
MOBO: Gigabyte ga-h61m-s2-b3
GPU: This gtx 760 2gb windforce gigabyte
PSU: Be Quiet 550w
I disable gpu onboard, clear cmos. I tried on my friend mobo and all works as it should.
I use hdmi/dvi adapter

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks

Solution
Did you disable onboard graphics when you tried it on his? you really shouldn't have to do this part anyway. One option would be to boot the PC with your screen running off onboard graphics with the new graphics card installed, install the Nvidia drivers, then switch video cable from onboard to the new card while Windows is running, as both graphics chips should be running at this point.
Aug 18, 2019
Have you also tried updating your system BIOS ? But the GTX 760 should work on that system, even though it's old. Can you check some other GPU on your current PC, maybe borrow one from your friend ?
My bios verion is f4 and latest is f5 i can try but idk this gonna help me, i found my old gt 520 and work on my mobo
How old is your power supply? What power supply does your friend have? Not enough power would be the first thing I would suspect.
I only use my friend mobo. Psu was mine and works on him motherboard

Last edited:
Did you disable onboard graphics when you tried it on his? you really shouldn't have to do this part anyway. One option would be to boot the PC with your screen running off onboard graphics with the new graphics card installed, install the Nvidia drivers, then switch video cable from onboard to the new card while Windows is running, as both graphics chips should be running at this point.

Solution