[SOLVED] My motherboard won’t screw i n

Feb 6, 2022
My case is a h500i. and i have a b450 motherboard (atx) it has 9 spots for screws to go in. but only the bottom left ones will go in. and it is flimsy and not sturdy. help

Solution
yes that case but it was white. the motherboard is flimsy not the case. and the screws won’t go in
There are a lot of how-to videos for building your PC on YouTube, I suggest you go watch one to check out how it's done. Watch a few, actually, to get different perspectives with different hardware. There may be 'standards' but there's still a lot of variability to how different mfr's implement the 'standards'.

There are two screws that look a lot alike...#6-32 and M-3...so a common mistake is using the wrong screws for mounting the motherboard to the standoffs. Another is flat-out not putting standoffs in before putting the motherboard in. Pay particular attention to those areas.

Ralston18

Titan
This case?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283978304664

From the link:

Last updated on Dec 20, 2021 10:31:33 PST View all revisions
Item specifics
Condition:
Used: An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is ... Read moreabout the condition
PSU Maximum Output Power:
500 W
Case Type:
Gaming Case
Color:
Blue, Pink, Purple
MPN:
CAH500WB1
Front Ports:
USB, Audio
Brand:
NZXT
Form Factor:
ATX Mid

Number of 3.5 in Drive Bays:
Model:
H500i
Number of 5.25 in Drive Bays:
Features:
Headphone Jack
Case Material:
Steel
PSU Included:
No

FYI:

https://www.pcguide.com/motherboard/faq/sizes-form-factor-explained/

My thought is a form factor mismatch?

However, you mention "flimsy": that is in reference to the case - correct?

Where was the case purchased?

yes that case but it was white. the motherboard is flimsy not the case. and the screws won’t go in
There are a lot of how-to videos for building your PC on YouTube, I suggest you go watch one to check out how it's done. Watch a few, actually, to get different perspectives with different hardware. There may be 'standards' but there's still a lot of variability to how different mfr's implement the 'standards'.

There are two screws that look a lot alike...#6-32 and M-3...so a common mistake is using the wrong screws for mounting the motherboard to the standoffs. Another is flat-out not putting standoffs in before putting the motherboard in. Pay particular attention to those areas.

Last edited:
Solution