My motherboard wont recognize my 225 gb hard drive

jakes_Bo

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
Hi i got a question concerning my motherboard won't recognize anymore my 225 gb hard drive (to it's full capacity anyways )I've got a pm4 80.Saying it use to recognize it but now it only gives the necessary space to function + a bit more of gigs that's all.

Would you know why?

Donmige

Distinguished
May 12, 2011

My friends laptop did the same thing, it was a hard driver failure. Apparently the disk became unreadable. There have been times that I installed new hard drives in my pc that arent recodnized. What I do on those ocasions is I go in to bios, then sata configuration and see if youre hard drive is listed and how many gigs it shows to be. If its the correct ammount of gigs, you can then go to my computer abd right click, then click manage, then disk managment. if you dont see it there or in youre system bios id say you had a hard drive failure.

jakes_Bo

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011

yes i went there to the disk manager and it tells me i only have some 20 gigs and also to the bios system ,tells me the same.

jakes_Bo

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011

It is a chip it8705af /p4m80-m4

jakes_Bo

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
There was a pin on the hard drive i noticed wasn't there (jumper pins)then plugged it at the right end tips ,)so it did recognize the whol;e amount of gigs,but when i install windows it gives me only 60 gigs and not the 200 gigs