[SOLVED] My mouse is not very accurate even with a new mousepad. It's jumpy when I move it slowly.

jayhayjay

Honorable
Nov 18, 2015
Hey guys.

I have a Trust GXT 111 that I use for gaming and it's not very accurate.

Especially when I'm moving it slowly. It's jumpy (if that's the correct term), there's no smooth movement almost as if frames are skipped in the game. And the thing is I just bought a new mousepad and I'm not seeing any difference. And now I'm wondering whether I should buy a new mouse or a new expensive mousepad.

I should point out that I've had this mouse for 3 years now. Also, the first mousepad I had was an Esperanza one that costed around 8 euros. This new one I bought costed 5 euros.

Any ideas? What could be the problem/what should I do? Thanks!

Solution
Definitely try the mouse on a different surface and if it is still jumpy then dont bother with a new mousepad and just buy a new mouse since most likely the sensor is damaged or dirty.
Yea, it's easy to buy a couple so I'll definitely get them. Does the price matter if I may ask? Like, how different would a 5 euro pad be from a 20 euro one?

I never used any mousepad that costs more than $3 so I can't say 😁

Anyway you should test before buying new mousepad, for example you can cover a small area of the old mousepad with black electrical tape.

Jul 13, 2021
Definitely try the mouse on a different surface and if it is still jumpy then dont bother with a new mousepad and just buy a new mouse since most likely the sensor is damaged or dirty.

Solution

jayhayjay

Honorable
Nov 18, 2015
Yea, okay, I just got the new mousepad and the mouse is still a bit jumpy. It's definitely better than before but not as good as it should be, hahah. So, I will be buying a new mouse in the near future.

Thanks!

ItsGamingTube

Prominent
Jun 18, 2021
Try connecting the mouse in an another usb port
If it still doesn't works then buy an another mouse.

If you still have problems after buying a new mouse then reply here so i can help you.