My new favorite enchantment

I found a guy in a Telvanni Tower who sells Summon Golden Saint spells. I
have run across Summon Golden Saint scrolls, but never a spell before. My
conjuration skill is lousy, and it costs 150+ magicka to cast, so it was
really not useful as is. I whipped out an extravagent ring and a Golden
Saint soulgem, and created a ring that will summon a Golden Saint for 21
seconds. I called it, "Ring of the Soul Fiend". Then I whipped out "Soul
Burner", my Daedric Shortsword that I have enchanted with Cast-On-Strike 3
seconds of Soultrap and 42 points of fire damage. I killed the Golden
Saint, and trapped her soul. Rinse. Repeat. I now have an endless supply
of constant effect souls! :)

--
Rick Cavalla
rac22@NO.erols.SPAM.com

Rick Cavalla wrote:

> I found a guy in a Telvanni Tower who sells Summon Golden Saint spells. I
> have run across Summon Golden Saint scrolls, but never a spell before. My
> conjuration skill is lousy, and it costs 150+ magicka to cast, so it was
> really not useful as is. I whipped out an extravagent ring and a Golden
> Saint soulgem, and created a ring that will summon a Golden Saint for 21
> seconds. I called it, "Ring of the Soul Fiend". Then I whipped out "Soul
> Burner", my Daedric Shortsword that I have enchanted with Cast-On-Strike 3
> seconds of Soultrap and 42 points of fire damage. I killed the Golden
> Saint, and trapped her soul. Rinse. Repeat. I now have an endless supply
> of constant effect souls! :)

Yeah, Lord Malal does that as well - gives him something to spend all
that gold on as his enchant skill is non-existant.

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 20:00:15 -0400, Rick Cavalla wrote:

> I found a guy in a Telvanni Tower who sells Summon Golden Saint spells. I
> have run across Summon Golden Saint scrolls, but never a spell before. My
> conjuration skill is lousy, and it costs 150+ magicka to cast, so it was
> really not useful as is. I whipped out an extravagent ring and a Golden
> Saint soulgem, and created a ring that will summon a Golden Saint for 21
> seconds. I called it, "Ring of the Soul Fiend". Then I whipped out "Soul
> Burner", my Daedric Shortsword that I have enchanted with Cast-On-Strike 3
> seconds of Soultrap and 42 points of fire damage. I killed the Golden
> Saint, and trapped her soul. Rinse. Repeat. I now have an endless supply
> of constant effect souls! :)

I always purchase that spell as soon as I can afford it and enchant a
ring, usually just an extravagent one at first since it's semi-cheap.
Then, like you, I collect a dozen GS souls and use them to enchant
exquisite rings with other summonings: Daedroth (the best to have),
Storm Atronach, Daedra and another Golden Saint, which you can call four
times and have up to 43 seconds without recharging. With an army like
that at your beck and call, there is nothing that's too difficult. Left
over souls go into clothing enchantments.