[SOLVED] My Nvme runs like Sata III SSD

FaithOnHuman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015
Hey, I bought a nvme 970EVO PLUS 500GB to replace my SATA III 860evo. I installed the windows to my nvme but it feels like my old SATA iii SSD... when I run the samsung magician benchmark the score is outstanding 3513 read 2376 write but... when I launch apps like photoshop the waiting time is the same, even when I am booting up the system. Any ideas? I also checked the SATA ports numbers to not interfere with the m2...

Solution
Yes many people are disappointed when thinking Nvme is "all that" coming from a sata ssd. In truth a Nvme is only "super fast" when transferring files from one spot to another, that is where your perception of more speed will come in to play. Nvme and sata ssd's are about the same, in perception, and in reality when it comes to loading the os, loading games to play, downloading things from the internet etc. Nvme is way over hyped, Imho, and people buy them thinking everything runs at 3200, when in truth it runs about 500 to 600mbs in day to day use. I am over simplifying it but this is the basic idea.
Yes many people are disappointed when thinking Nvme is "all that" coming from a sata ssd. In truth a Nvme is only "super fast" when transferring files from one spot to another, that is where your perception of more speed will come in to play. Nvme and sata ssd's are about the same, in perception, and in reality when it comes to loading the os, loading games to play, downloading things from the internet etc. Nvme is way over hyped, Imho, and people buy them thinking everything runs at 3200, when in truth it runs about 500 to 600mbs in day to day use. I am over simplifying it but this is the basic idea.

Reactions: FaithOnHuman
Solution

FaithOnHuman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015

pfff it would be better to spend the money on a new 1tb sata ssd... anyway thank you guys ♥

Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch
pfff it would be better to spend the money on a new 1tb sata ssd... anyway thank you guys ♥
Thank you for the credit, but everyone was correct on this one.;)(y)
The pc "reviewers" are to blame for this misunderstanding. If they took as much time showing how little difference there is between the two from job to job, as they do hyping up the Nvme and showing all that speed, isn't it great, isn't mind blowing, look at this wonderful speed, etc, people would be better informed.

TRENDING THREADS