Mojoenglish

Reputable
Nov 4, 2020
Hi,
My PC is crashing randomly. I was playing some non intensive games like Valorant and Overwatch on low settings and my PC randomly went to a white screen and was not responsive. I restarted and it worked more or less perfectly (aside from a 2 second freeze) for 2 more hours and then it crashed again, this time to a dark grey screen.

I restarted and it would not POST. I reseated my GPU, changed around my RAM, reset CMOS. Nothing worked. I left it alone for 2 days then tried again and it POSTed. I managed to play around 4 hours of Valorant and when I swapped over to Overwatch I got the same weird crash/freeze but this time with a light pink screen. I restarted and it would not POST. I left it alone for a while then it went back to normal.

After I logged into Windows it crashed again, this time with a whitish greyish screen. When I try to turn on my PC it will either work normally for 5 mins max or it will power on, all fans spinning and then my VGA debug LED comes on and my GPUs logo light will turn off (the fans on GPU still spin).
I also replaced my thermal paste incase it was a temperature issue but it did not help.

Any help would be appreciated.

Specs
Mobo: MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance
PSU: Corsair 850 watt

Lutfij

Titan
850 watt corsair psu
Corsair is the brand of the unit while 850W is the advertised wattage of said unit. What is the model of the unit and it's age?

When I try to turn on my PC it will either work normally for 5 mins max or it will power on, all fans spinning and then my VGA debug LED comes on and my GPUs logo light will turn off(the fans on GPU still spin).
You might want to source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built PSU with at least 650W of power at the entire system's disposal to rule out your PSU being inadequate in delivering power to the system/GPU.

Use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually reinstall with the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

MSI B450 Gaming plus max MOBO
What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

32 GB corsair vengeance RAM
Got a link to this ram kit?

Mojoenglish

Reputable
Nov 4, 2020
850 watt corsair psu
Corsair is the brand of the unit while 850W is the advertised wattage of said unit. What is the model of the unit and it's age?

When I try to turn on my PC it will either work normally for 5 mins max or it will power on, all fans spinning and then my VGA debug LED comes on and my GPUs logo light will turn off(the fans on GPU still spin).
You might want to source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built PSU with at least 650W of power at the entire system's disposal to rule out your PSU being inadequate in delivering power to the system/GPU.

Use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually reinstall with the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

MSI B450 Gaming plus max MOBO
What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

32 GB corsair vengeance RAM
Got a link to this ram kit?
1. The PSU is a RM850e its just over a year old.
2. Will see if this is available to me, my friends all have PCs so I should be able to.
3. Okay thank you I will try this.
4. I have no clue, i just upgraded to this from a ROG hero viii, so I have not updated my bios at all/
5. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B082DH1FZR?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title

Is this a new issue?
If so, what might have changed since all was well?

re: 4. CPU-Z will tell you your bios level.

Test your ram.
Run memtest86+
It boots from a usb stick and does not use windows.
You can download it here:

If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

Running several more passes will sometimes uncover an issue, but it takes more time.
Probably not worth it unless you really suspect a ram issue.