My PC doesn't boot, short repeating beeps

Josef_K

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Hi there, this is my first post here!

Back in August I've built my own desktop PC, which always worked without problems. Last night it was still functioning, but this morning it turns out that it won't boot. It tries to boot, but the screen stays black and the speaker starts beeping hard: I managed to count 25 short beeps, without any pause. After the long sequence of beeps, it powers off, then on and it happens to repeat the beep pattern that I've just described. So it loops in this situation, without actually booting. I've looked around for this specific beep code, but I didn't find anything useful.

These are the specs of my PC:
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H
CPU: Intel Core I5-4670
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile DDR3 2x4 GB
VGA: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7790 2 GB
SSD (containing the OS): Samsung 840 Ultraslim Pro
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue
PSU: Enermax Triathlor 550W

I've tried to remove the VGA, but the problem is not gone.
Has someone got any clue on what's happening?

Josef_K

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

This is the worst thing: unfortunately (and quite surprisingly, if you ask me) the manual says nothing about beep codes and I don't find any useful info on the Internet.

Howerver, I've actually switched the sticks and tried them singularly on three different slots (the fourth is unreachable, with the CPU fan mounted). Unfortunately I don't possess another set of DDR3 RAM sticks, but how much is probable that the two sticks died at the same time?

Anyway, in order to figure out the problem, I desperately tried to remove every peripheral connected to the motherboard, one by one, but the problem is not gone. The only ones that I didn't removed yet are the CPU and the PSU... how can I understand whether they're failing or not? The really short troubleshooting section of the motherboard manual says that if the CPU cooler works (and it does), then it's not failing. Is that really a sufficient condition?

So, since the disconnection of every peripheral doesn't solve the problem, do I have to assume that the CPU, the PSU or the motherboard itself are failing? I really don't know what to think, the PC is very much young and it was working smoothly, then suddenly this problem appeared. Do I have any hope clearing the CMOS values?

If it can be anyhow helpful, I even made a video: http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2isfgnt%3E&s=5#.UtUhsNLuJA0
The worst thing is that I really can't find a description of the meaning of this damn beep code, not on the manual nor on the Internet.

Josef_K

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

Yes, I cleared the CMOS once with the VGA on and once with the VGA off... nothing, unfortunately.

Now I've basically unmounted everything except the CPU, the PSU and the RAM: it keeps beeping. I desperately tried to remove even the CPU and actually the behaviour changed from beeping to silence. Mounted the CPU again, I tried every possibile combination of the RAM (together or singularly) in the four slots. Did they both die? I really, really don't know what else to do to figure out the failing component...

---UPDATE---
After I kept trying to remove the different components, it started a new thing: when I press the power button, it first stays up a few seconds without beeping, giving me hope, then it goes down and when it turns on again it beeps as always or it stays up another bunch of seconds, but it never actually boots.

P.S. I even followed every single step of the guide you have in your signature, but nothing changed...