Question My PC doesn't show graphics at all and powers off randomly after case swap

Nov 27, 2023
So my old case didn't have the thing that holds those things that you pull out which can hold graphics cards (i forgot what its called) and the back of it was kinda busted but it worked completely fine. Now, i switched cases and added a psu fan i had, i used the motherboard and cooler inside the new case (it was from one of my older pcs) and just put the processor of the pc i was switching into that motherboard. I then powered it on and it sometimes powers off and doesn't show video (it doesn't have a graphics card, this is off the mobo vga output)

Lutfij

Titan
You should state your specs to the build, new and old to understand what might've changed and is the culrpit in your issue. We can't be expected to remember everyone's specs.

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

You mentioned you added parts, what were they and how did you hook them up in your build? Have you tried breadboarding your innards to see if the case is causing a short?

Nov 27, 2023
CPU- Intel i7 2600
Mobo- H61HM2
RAM- 16GB 1600MHz
700w psu, with 456 watts over the 12v
Cooler- was an intel stock one, then a 'spire sleeve bearing' cooler
SSD- samsung 850 evo
No gpu
OS-windows 10 pro
Monitor- dell se2222h

Nov 27, 2023
You should state your specs to the build, new and old to understand what might've changed and is the culrpit in your issue. We can't be expected to remember everyone's specs.

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

You mentioned you added parts, what were they and how did you hook them up in your build? Have you tried breadboarding your innards to see if the case is causing a short?
I added a 140mm ex psu fan

Nov 27, 2023
Ok i switched to the original complimentary mobo and managed to get it online, the psu is super loud and it says 'CMOS settings wrong'

Last edited: